3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TN trad archers update  (Read 269 times)

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
TN trad archers update
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
I just happen to listen to a Nashville station on a regular basis. Heard you guys were having a bearcat of a time with recent weather and floods.
Any updates would be appreciated.
WSIX is saying you guys are having a tough go of it. Keep your friends posted.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline David Sapp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TN trad archers update
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
I think that everyone made it unscathed but were quite damp at the TN Classic this weekend. Not sure how much shooting was done, but likely a lot of progress was made on selfbows under Pappy's shed.

There were some very heavy rains out in middle TN and west TN, fortunately here on the Cumberland Plateau we're fine. The creeks are at the brim, but not a lot of flooding yet. I think that the rains abate around daylight tomorrow and things are sunny for a few days.
Hunting with the bow and arrow involves earning your way by making meat, getting your hands messy in the process and then recognizing your own reflection upon them.
"The Squirrel Chronicles"
Dean Torges

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
Thanks for the update David. I've been listening to a Nashville station and they made it sound like all HWBL. Hope those Turkey don't look straight up while it'd raining.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline ApplePie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 12:48:00 AM »
Downtown Nashville just hit the 50' mark above flood level, which is at the top of the measuring pole...

I live on Old Hickory lake, and the water line is well above the 100 year flood mark.  My neighbors and I are doing fine, and it will get better if they let water out of the dam.  Letting water out of the dam hasn't been announced yet, but the Opryland Hotel is evacuating (with water in the parking lot but not yet in the hotel).  IF the Army Corps lets water out, then downtown Nashville may get even more water.  I haven't heard much about Wolf Creek dam or others upriver.  That's the X-factor we're worried about right now.  

In short, the area has had ~5 confirmed deaths plus some missing... and all-in-all a once in a lifetime tragedy still ongoing.  Tomorrow's weather should be clear but assessing the damage will take awhile.  Thanks for checking in on us.
"One day I slipped my arm into the sleeve of my jacket and my father's hand came out the other side."  -- from The New Father, by A. Brott

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »
We were at the Twin Oaks Classic and the rain started around 4:30am Saturday morning and didn't stop period.  It took us about 2 extra hours to make it home due to interstate closures.  It's a mess.  

Bart, missed you at the shoot.  See you at the banquet bud.

Ethan

Offline mississippidave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
Bunch of rain at the Classic....but it didn't dampen the spirits.  I had the best weekend I've had in a long time.  I met some of the nicest folks there.

Offline GINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
15+ inchesof rain in 48 hours in my area. Every creek is flooded in Nashville, downtown looks like Venice. It's pretty ugly but considering the amount of rainfall we're pretty lucky.

Offline JPNTN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 07:26:00 AM »
We came up Friday morning and left that afternoon and so avoided the rain. Hard to believe I-24 was under water.  Has anyone heard if anyone from the shoot had any trouble getting home?

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
The lower level of the Opryland Hotel is badly flooded.  I saw a pic of the "Cascades" wing and the floor was covered in muddy water.  Opry Mills Mall is closed due to flooding and power outages.  You should see the front of Bass Pro Shops . .. boats are floating near the front door!  Downtown is badly flooded near the river.  The streets around the Hard Rock and Joes Crab Shark are totally submerged.
Gary Logsdon

Offline weezy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
My son and I arrived there on Wed. The weather was beautifull Wed., Thurs. and Fri. Started raining Sat. morning and by 2pm we decided to head home. There was some flooding in the lower camping area already. I hope everyone is alright and made it home safely. It was a great time as always and we're looking forward to next year.
Bob
TRADITIONAL ARCHERY
It's been in my blood for 40 plus  years.
It's priceless!

Offline AF_TT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
7" more on the north levee and there would have been 5' more water.
Morrison Dakota 62" 45@28
Black Widow LAG 64" 47@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©