3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ok now I am going NUTS........PICS and VIDS ADDED NEW ACS COMING TOO pg 4  (Read 714 times)

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jerry,you are right, your bow is different and I really like the lighter color impression it has.I get 3 Widows that are much darker,you have set a new standard.Enjoy it.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Continuing on..this is what it looks like down the trail.

Next up a Dall Sheep...missed alot of these so far....

What I see - 25 yards or so.

Video

results

a deer through the trees

results

next up you have to climb the cliff and then shoot down at a Caribou and a Bison...love this shot...downhill about 35 yards to the bison and 30 to the caribou. Could be longer hard to get it accurate when you walk.

video

more to come

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks feliciano. Yes I really like the lighter wood. I will take some closeups later - having too much fun just shooting her.

Just waiting for the pics and vids to upload.

Jer BEar

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
So here's the results of the hill shots at the bison and caribou...

vids first:
caribou from the hill.....yes it's snowing.

bison shot

15 yard shots

Now continuing up the hill - 20 yard shot through the branches love this type of shot...

Next up some of the counry we live in and the downhill goat shot.....it's farther than you think..

Jer BEar

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Some vid of the surrounding area and trail

Elevated goat shot..hit way back on the first shot and then did better the follow up one.

Slowly getting used to her by this point.

Some more critters

My Javi......

more to come tomorrow...gotta get some sleep..

Had a great time tonight....thanks for following along and I will finish up tomorrow.

Again I am not blaming BW for the string...we changed the order for LENGTH three times so it was an honest mistake...just glad the White Elephant looked after me.

jer Bear

Offline woodsman 365

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice Bow. Like the white. I was trying to find a picture of a honduras rosewood widow. I ordered a 60" psa in honduras rosewood. should have it in a week or so. Thanks for posting. >>>> RAY

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
How cool is this? Way!!!

I am happy for you Jerry.It also brought a smile to my face that you could see the hand of providence at work. God is good, all the time!

That has to be one of the finest "M&M's" I've ever seen. I bet this coming season will prove me correct too. It's impressive how good your shooting is with it and it will only get better with time.

Congratulations friend!!!!

God bless,Mudd

PS: "M&M"= Meat Maker
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Tom-Wisconsin

• Trad Bowhunter
SWEEEEEEEET!   :bigsmyl:
"A clean kill or no kill, Lord
Such is my heart's desire
Give me the skill to make it so
Or let me hold my fire"
Timothy D. Cook
40# Indian Archery Recurve 1965
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Did you call up BW and tell them?
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Dan White

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool pictures Jerry, thanks for going to all that trouble. Really like your bow. Nice 3-D range, it must be great to have that kind of facility to shoot at.

My bow should look fairly close to yours, Brazilian Rosewood with white accents and stripes on the riser and Waterfall Bubinga limbs. I did not get the maple on the back of the riser. Done next week, but cannot go to Nixa until Saturday...because of work.

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
Sweet, sweet bow and excellent shots! Congratulations with your new bow!
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
Triple post! Silly computer.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
I would like to thank James Emmons - he contacted me to see if he could build me some strings bless his heart.....I explained that Roger was looking after it adn that it was an honest mistake.

TERRY GREEN - I will have some more strings for you though (2 more).

MUDD - thanks buddy...she is sweet alright

Frassettor - yipper I phoned 'em and it's going to be too late to get the strings here before I leave on Friday so they are going to ship them where i am heading...Roger is looing after me as I knew he woudl...just explaining the situation is all.

Dan - Yeah it's nice alright...don't go there much cause I love to stump shoot, but when i go I don't shoot usually from where the markers are...like to sneak through the bush being quiet and then take a harder shot.

That being said I wasn't too quiet last night..TOO EXCITED..

jer Bear

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Some more pics and vid - SORRY just excited to be shooting again.

SO this is an uphill about 35-38 yards...I set up the vid and then have to run down the hill (be patient). I am breathing hard - trying to shoot quick so the video isn't very big.

What I was impressed with was how quiet the bow is...i am sure I can make it more quiet yet though with the hush gear on a new string.

not the best shooting (you can see the broadhead aren't grouping with the field points - probably just me - the filed point have a bit of a wobble..but the BH are shooting real nice out of her...but it will get better after I settle into it fine tune it and take more time   :)  

Next up turkey - this is a lonnnnnnnng shot but I did fairly well i think..first shot in the money second shot glanced of the right side of him.

results

tricky shot on a coyote (well I think he has been attacked by something...hard to tell what he is anymore...but he must be hurtin with the howling he is doing..
   :biglaugh:  

results of a BH shot

This bear is actually a real tough shot....I mean it...37 paces for where trad guys shoot (that's a lonng shot I think.

More to come later

jer Bear

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations, Jerry thats a fine bow.

Good luck

Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
thats got to be the nicest widow ive ever seen!

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
come on jerry anyone can shoot a bear thats tied to a tree.

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW!!

Absolutely gorgeous bow!  Your archery range ain't too darn shabby either.  That has to be the coolest archery range I have ever seen.  Just scenery around your range is something to behold.  Can I come and visit?

That is one sweet bow.  I have never even seen a widow in person but I have lotsa pics of them on my computer to enjoy and I don't mind telling you that your bow is going to be added to them for me to enjoy lots more times.  I might take them up on just trying one out for a week.

Can't wait to see more pics and a full range report on her.

Keep 'em coming.

congrats.

Nalajr

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
thanks fellas - hey plumber it's not that easy actually.....They wiggle more when they are tied up than if they are just doing a good rub  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

Nala - yes it's a great range - yes you can come -make it quick heading to Costa Rica soon.

I LOVE THIS BOW.

jer Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©