3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: YOUR LAST HUNT  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: YOUR LAST HUNT
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »
It wouldn't be a matter of what I hunted but who I hunted with. It's the comaradrie of all this stuff that gives it such depth. Without others achery would simple be an action. I'd still love archery though.  :readit:    :bigsmyl:

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »
A confessional!
That's funny! I don't care who you are!

Charlie, you'd be hunting for a Priest for confession? You better have some kind of reeeeealy long term disease. Confession for you may take awhile.  :p

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »
If it was to be my last hunt then without a doubt it would be one last time at my beloved Shrew Haven with my good hunting buddies.    :campfire:    

http://www.shrewbows.com/shrewhavenlodge.html  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »
It wouldn't matter, as long as I was hunting. Then just leave me against a tree out there with my bow in hand. I couldn't ask for a better resting place.   :pray:
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
I have to go with Charlie Lamb,BMOLLER and Little Feathers concepts, Once I had my final destiny worked out with the good Lord and creator of heaven and earth.  I would spend 30 days hunting the Little Delta area with my 2 sons and 2 oldest grandsons. There I would make sure they really understood the values of life and what is really important in this short walk of life we have on earth. Then I would go find me a big Griz!

Boy are you sure you can skin Griz  :D
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
Me too Ron ;0)

I would bring my boy Danny along, but the time would be spent with my buddies at ShrewHaven.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
It would be sheep hunting somewhere in Northern Canada or Alaska. I have already requested my ashes be spread in such a place so my last hunt will be a long one.
Jack Shanks

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
Something in Africa.

Thats one of my dream places to hunt/visit.   I don't care what I hunt for for, as long I can get there and see it first hand.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline carphunter100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
I hunt alone except for the few times a year I get to hunt with my dad. He is also my best friend. Neither one of us have ever got to hunt moose, and we both have wanted to for a long time. For me it would be a moose hunt as long as it was with my dad. But if was my last hunt any hunt would be fine with me as long as it was with my dad. Who knows the Spring Turkey Hunt I had this very morning might have been my last one. Make the best out of any and all hunts it might be your last hunt, and have your heart right with God incase it is.
Member WV Bowhunters Associaion Life member of Trad. Bowhunters of Southern WV

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
I have always said I have to get to Australlia befor I die.  If it has to be my last hunt so be it.  I just hope I can pull back a stick with enough ummph to pole axe an ornery water buffalo.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline T. Downing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »
I would want to spend my last hunt hunting elk with my two sons and my father. My idea of paradise. T
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127 4-5

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
Brown bear or cape buffalo.  I'm saving these until I've most of my hunting...and living in anyway.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »
GIANT FOREST HOG in jungles of CAR or Ethiopia.
King of the hogs!!! I don't believe its ever been done with trad gear.
hunt it

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Yukon Moose!
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
Another vote for Elk in late September!!  Nothing better.

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
It's kinda corny but as long as I was in the woods with my son I really don't care what I'm hunting.

Offline Derwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »
A moose hunt sounds great.  But, if it was my going to be my absolute last hunt, I'd rather go on a road trip with a bunch of my friends and relatives, both young and old, to chase bunnies with a pack of beagles.  Kick brush-piles, laugh, lie, cuss, tease each other and listen to beagle music.  Nothing quite like beagle music.  And nothing quite like friends and family.  Kind of a full circle thing.  Of course, I'd be carrying my trusty longbow instead of a scatter-gun.   :)   That'd make me happy.
"Derwood"

Offline Philip Morris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
Carp for as long as I could stand it.  Where else are you gonna get that much shooting.  I enjoy alot of things but that may be one of my tops.

Phil
Proverbs 27:1 Boast not thyself of to morrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
STINKING, URINATING, SCREAMING, RUTTING, WALLOWING BULL ELK!!!!!!
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
WAIT a minute here....what about the Happy Hunting Grounds?
but, on this here ol' earth....
I'd like to repeat the hour long game of tag I had 3 years ago.
I was walking into a stand across an open,picked cornfield. It snowed about an inch and a half over nite. As I was nearing the edge of the treeline...what..oh I see...a tail swishes again, drop my daypack and coat, ease off to my right and into the trees. Trying to be quiet!!!
I get to about 20 yds-no shot..wait there's 2!!
Move to the right ,no shot; one of the girls looks up, then back to feedin'....
Made the full circle around them. I zigged , they zagged. Never did get a shot , BUT man that was fun!!
My legs were shakin', my head was pounded, and my face was bustin' with a smile...When I got back in the field, I figured it was supposed to be that way, that day.
The girls snorted and sneezed their agreement as they left...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©