3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Double Bull blinds  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Double Bull blinds
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
I really am thinking about getting one are they worth the money? The matrix 360 is the one i was looking at do the zippered roofs leak in the rain. Is the recuver the way to go?
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline LEFTY_ IN_ WV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Double Bull blinds
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
Have the Matrix 360. personally speaking, there is no comparison. Having had a few other brands, Ameristep, Cabelas. Some things one just should not settle for. Once you get in a Matrix & hunt from it, I don't see how a person could'nt agree it's the absolute best in the ground blind market. Service is unbeatable, as well. Recurve model is the way to go.
"Seek Quality Not Quantity"
>>>===LEFTYINWV===>

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 10:14:00 PM »
I disagree about the recurve model, everything else is correct. Best blind out there bar none. The recurve model weighs 4-5 pounds more and ya do not need the extra height. I have the recurve model and trust me it is not worth the extra bulk. I have hunted out of the regular height model and unless ya want to shoot a 80" bow ya do not need it. My bud who shoots 70" Hill bows has no problem with clearance out of the regular model, he cants the bow some but not a real lot. Jim go with the regular model and pay the extra money and get the lightweight rods and hub system. By the way I tried to respond to your PM and your Mailbox is full. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 10:14:00 PM »
I just bought a recurve model Matrix this year. In my opinion it is the way to go. It has alot of room.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
The only room ya gain is headroom nothing else, just headroom and I know how tall Jim is!!  :bigsmyl:   Shawn
Shawn

Offline White Oak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
Double Bull is the way to go. I have an older model bought back in the 90s. Still works great. They really stand behind their product.You can spend less and thats what you'll get.

Ed

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 04:55:00 AM »
Absolutely no comparison in my opinion.  Outstanding service to boot.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 05:41:00 AM »
You got that right Shawn, I'm no giant.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
I had a regular model standard height, and sold it just to get the recurve model.  
I hit a turkey once, and as he was walking away I came up on my knees a little to try to get another arrow in him.  Shot two more times, missing badly on both.  After the excitement was over I noticed two "V" shaped tears in the roof of the blind.  Tip of the bow ripped them as I shot those two arrows. (Turkey walked off and died anyway, so second arrows didn't matter)
The standard height worked fine for me when I thought about things and did it right, but the recurve model gives me more room when things start to happen fast and I don't think everything through.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »
What is the "zippered top" mentioned. I didn't think they hac zippers?
Thanks for the info.
Bob
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
Bob... the Matrix has a triangle shaped area of the  roof that is zippered (velcro too ).  :eek:  

You can open it for ventilation or stand and look around for a short break... it's nice to stretch out once in a while.

Jim... It rained hard here yesterday and was raining softly, but steadilly this morning. I sat in it for a couple of hours and it never leaked and the inside floor was still dry from yesterday.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Thanks, Charlie!
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »
They are nice blinds sure, but ridiculously overpriced IMO. I've used Ameristep for several years and then got a chance to hunt out of a friends DB for a couple of days. After using it, I wouldn't pay half of the asking price. There is just no way this thing is worth $400. The material is a tad nicer than the Ameristep and I like the camo pattern better on the DB. The Ameristep I use is lighter, less bulky, and easier to pack by far than the DB. ASAT is now making a blind as well.

BD
BCD

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »
I too have the matrix and love it, I do feel it is worth the extra money, the quality is outstanding and as mentioned they really do stand behind their product. my father has a t5 and when we had a problem with the roof collapsing randomly we called them up and they sent replacement parts immmediatly at no charge, problem fixed. my bow is 60 inches and i have not had any problems shooting it out of the regular model but that might be something you would want to try and check out personally before buying.
Another thing, my cousin has an ameristep and since i bouthgt my DB he is on his second one and probably will be on his third after this season so after being 3-1 in blinds bought is he really savong money??...

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »
I have a Matrix 360 I purchased this year, and I agree with Shawn because I shoot everything from a 54" recurve to a 68" longbow out of it with no problems.  As for the extra weight of the recurve model it would probably depend on how far you have to carry it, or if you have an ATV to carry it most of the way to you hunting spot.  If you can go to a local retailer and try both.  I told the salesclerk that if he set it up and I liked it I would buy it.  I brought my bow with me, and ended up $400 poorer but happy since I have tried a couple others out there without success.  Just my opinion.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
I broke a pole in the late 90's on a wednesday morning in my Double BUll. Called them and informed. I had 3 new poles and new hub by Friday morning by next day air FREE to me. FREE. let me say it one more time, FREE to a nobody like me. I'll pay extra for that service everytime. I have bought 2 more since then.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline LoneWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
I have an Easton Carbon Max, built the same as the Matrix.  Love it.  It appears to me to be a Matrix witha differant material for the outside.  I shoot a 66" longbow and have no problem with clearance, no leaks, carbon lined, and plenty of room.  Fits me, a 7 yr old, 2 chairs and a backpack with snakes, water and gameboy games(my sons) just fine.
LoneWolf
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;" Gen 27:3

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
I had the Ameristep and returned it after setting it up in the yard.  My hunting buddy has the Cabela’s version and I now have the DB Matrix and will not use either of the other blinds, neither does my buddy.  Like most things, you can make do with what fits your budget for the “SHORT TERM”.  For a long term investment I try to spend the extra money for quality which lasts longer and works better.  I went the less expensive, short term, route on binoculars fifteen years back and regret it all the time.  Over that time period I have spent in excess of a thousand dollars on mid range optics which went bad after their short and limited warranties expired, and could have had one set of good glasses warranted for life for less money.  Needless to say I am in the market for a good set of Swarovski of Leicas.  How often do you hear people say they regretted buying the best set of optics?  The same can be said for ground blinds.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline korn stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »
I like my DB 360 Matrix...... it's worth every penny......
Doug

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »
Guys at Double Bull are top notch! I broke a hub in my original (8yrs old) one last year, I called them and they sent me three spare hubs to boot, no charge. They even called couple weeks later to make sure everything was good - NOW THATS SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hunt it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©