3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do My Eyes Deceive Me or What?! PICS ADDED.  (Read 465 times)

Offline MSwickard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do My Eyes Deceive Me or What?! PICS ADDED.
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Basically what Bjorn said.  The side plate is not cut to center.  I would say it is +1/8-1/4".  You just need an arrow that will flex around the riser.

Miek

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
shoot it.. :) ...........................bow will last forever........have you ever made a selfbow? you think they are perfect?!.....my best shooting recurve i ever shot  had both ears leaning to the left....tied for first at a little shoot called cloverdale back in 90's. I had the crookest  bow out there. :) ..I can straighten that bow up with a chainsaw file probably..still will shoot exactly the same ...IMO..
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 04:22:00 AM »
TW,
I sent you a couple PM's...
Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 06:14:00 AM »
If it shoots good why change it, I have shot bows without a rest just off my hand why would a thick strike plate make a difference if the thing shoots good?
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 06:59:00 AM »
Just not center cut - most trad handled/riser bows are like this.  Really looks fine.  That is how they are made and why arrows parodox.  

Shoot it and have fun.

Bob Urban

Offline BernieH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
The bow looks perfectly normal to me. The string tracks well. The reason your arrow points off to the side is because the shelf isn't cut past center. All you need to do is find a correctly spined arrow to bend around the bow and fly right where you're looking. Archer's paradox refers to what arrows that point away from the target do such that they actually fly to the target.
Bernie

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
Folks, I understand the Archers Paradox and the shelf not being cut to or past center. It just seemed the arrows with this bow were pointed out a little more than any other bow I've shot to date. I did replace the rest, played around with my arrow and got the one mentioned above to fly well. As I stated before, I think a lot of it was due to the unfamiliar thickness of the riser. I've been up shooting it again this morning and my arrows are flying pretty straight.   :thumbsup:

I am going to keep it and shoot the crap out of it stumping this Saturday.   :D   I like the bow as it is a real hard hitter it's just taking a little getting used to.

One thing I am going to do, and that's get the leather grip removed and have the riser refinished. I think this will help with my grip on it. Thanks again for all the input and help. That's why I love this site!   :archer:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bobby Urban:
Just not center cut - most trad handled/riser bows are like this.  Really looks fine.  That is how they are made and why arrows parodox.  

Shoot it and have fun.

Bob Urban
+1

All my bows that aren't cut to center (all I own) are the same way.  Add a big shaft and the point is going to be out to the left on a right-handed bow.

You are just fine.

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
tw...i used 4 ot steel wool to take the glue off the limbs of my cari-bow when i took the skins off it.run it under cold water while you gently buff (stay with the grain) the cold water actually will start flaking the glue and turns it a milky color and you can see when its completely gone.dont be afraid to put a little pressure on it also and rotate the wool to keep it fresh.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline hydrasport205

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
that looks like a river raisin longbow if so I have one just like it and I thought the same thing.  I kept shooting to the left so I sent it back and asked him to cut some more from the riser which he did

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©