3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Feather Rest  (Read 356 times)

Offline Michael Buchanan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Feather Rest
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »
Trap,

I have a 1961 Bear polar RH 48# @ 28". I'd like to reproduce the same rest on it when I purchased it off e-bay. It's got a feather rest... Wonder if you'd make me one? Here is the kicker... I see in my 1961 bear catalog that a leather strike plate was also present. It's different than the norm. It is shaped like a leaf or Ace broadhead profile. Can you make something like that? I see the previous owner did not have it, because I see the coloe of the cresting on the riser, where the strike plate should be.
Michael

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »
Just sent you a check today Trap for a supply for my shop.  I need to start using the good stuff on the bows I am doing  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Gundog68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 02:18:00 AM »
Hi, is there a link to the trap feather rests ?

Thanks, Gundog

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
Trap and Raineman,
Trapp, thanks for the great product.  I put the rest on a ******, Black Douglas recurve and it works great.  A friend told me he thought it might be noisy, but no problem so far. Raineman, thanks for getting them to me at the BBTC.  Your suggestions on mounting them worked well, too.

Does anyone use them on longbows?
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."
Archery-Badminton Library

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
Gundog68,just go to TRAP's last posting,above, and click on the icon with the two people shaking hands.Then you can send him a personal message.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©