3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: seeking opinions on GN critter gitter vs bush bow  (Read 236 times)

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
seeking opinions on GN critter gitter vs bush bow
« on: May 06, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »
I have owned and shot a 56" Great Northern critter gitter for years and really like it. I am deciding between a new 60" GN with jackknife critter gitter or the bush bow to change it up a bit, But have never shot the bush bow. I am interested in opinions of Anyone having experience with shooting both of these and how the bush compares to the critter . I already realize going from 56 to 60 inch  is a change so you don't have to go there. but apples to apples  what do ya think?? thanks. SC

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: seeking opinions on GN critter gitter vs bush bow
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
I've had both of similar weights and lengths; prefer the Bushbow.  Seems a hair smoother and just a bit quieter to me.  I also just like the appearance better...wider limb profile and no tip overlays.  Performance-wise, it's a wash; both shoot great.  The fellas I sold the Critter Gitters to love them, though.  I like hickory or bamboo cores in the Bushbow best.

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
Hey thanks Paradocs, I am kind of leaning towards the bush just to try something different since I have had the critter for so long. Any little bit of personal experience always helps. I really appreciate it!!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
Just sold my Bush bow, really liked it but couldn't get used to the straight grip. I think the critter Gitter is a bit better performer, but the Bush Bow is almost silent and real smooth.The Bush Bow is just a nice simple bow. Either one would be a good bow, since you have already had a Critter I guess you would know that. Good luck inn your quest!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Thanks for your input ron w,  It is funny that it is GN straight grips that make me like them so much!

Offline David Sapp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
I bought paradocs Critter Gitter Special 60" and 55@28, jack knife/skins. Great bow and don't think I'll be getting rid of it soon. Very serious hunting bow. I'd like to give a Bush Bow a try at some point if one comes through at the right specs. I've had a couple Ghosts, a couple CGs, the Special, and a Fireball on the way. The Bushbow is the only one that I haven't had my paws on yet. All designs are top notch and no frills beauty. Love em.
Hunting with the bow and arrow involves earning your way by making meat, getting your hands messy in the process and then recognizing your own reflection upon them.
"The Squirrel Chronicles"
Dean Torges

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
Thanks for the words David, sounds like you've acquired the  used bow I have been trying to find for a while now. I sold my  one piece  56" 55 # CG to finance a 50-55# 60" jackknife CG or bush, the search goes on. Relish the impute.  I guess as long as its a great northern I can't go wrong ,peace.

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
Mr. Sapp and I have similar opinions on Great Northern bows. Highly underrated in my opinion.
But please keep this information private because I'm still trying to find a few to fill my addictive void.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline seven crows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »
Mums the word Sir Bowferd!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©