3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A good coach is SO important!  (Read 143 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
A good coach is SO important!
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
A few weeks ago I started to train with a coach again. He has proven many times to be good in training traditional archery.
He told me I made only a few mistakes in my form    :knothead:  
- Standing instable
- anchering with almost 2 fingers instead of 3
- pinching the riser
- not pulling trough after release
- shooting too hasty

Just when I thought I was in great shape    :(   !

I am training there once a week and then train private to work on the mistakes. It is paying of already! This afternoon, at privaste training I did something I was never able of before.
I am training at a pack of 30 by 30 inches at several distances. I also shoot at 40 yards. The pack has a black circle in the middle, of 11 inches. In the middle of this circle I put a yellow round sticker with a diameter of 4 inches.

Yesterday I shot already 4 of my 6 arrows in the black, and two in the yellow.
   :clapper:
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A good coach is SO important!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
Does it make any sense to learn through experience?

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
I'm helping a friend train in traditional recurve & it is a work out trying to show her the flaws at which she is having & pointing ways to improve apaun them.

Me, I know I need to see my other friend that has helped me out in the past because I know that I've gotten sloppy here & there.

Yes someone that knows what to look for & how to help correct the flaws goes a long way in sucecess with archery.

Congrats in your improvement.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowmania:
Does it make any sense to learn through experience?

Bowmania
That always makes sense! But at one moment you come to a point you are not getting furhter anymore, you stock on the same level.
As we all know, form mistakes tend to slide in without any notice, and before you know it, you have developed some bad habits, like I did.
The coach I have is really very good and has a reputation like that. He partly earns his money with it, he's a pro.
In just one lesson he sees all the mistakes in your form, and the lessons there after, he learns you how to get rid of them.
I've got the feeling that he put me a year of experience ahead in just a few weeks.  Ofcourse you have to be open-minded, accept you have some bad habbits and train hard to get rid of them....
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
Train any way you feel like.The important thing is that when you hunt and decide to take an animal you have the confidence to make the shot count.We all learn in different ways and we NEVER stop learning.Good on you Dutchman.Glad to hear your going the distance.IMHO   :thumbsup:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©