3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone canceling a hunting trip because of gas prices?  (Read 890 times)

Offline benderofwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone canceling a hunting trip because of gas prices?
« on: May 02, 2007, 01:14:00 AM »
I have canceled 2 out-of-state hunting trips because of the high gas prices; 2.94/gal and they expect it to go well above 3.25/gal; very sad!  :confused:
Hunt hard waste no meat

Offline Basic Instinct

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone canceling a hunting trip because of gas prices?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 01:36:00 AM »
Wow!!  We are paying $3.35 A gal here, And I'm still trying to find a way to get more time off work to Hunt!!!!! I may eat PB & Jelly, but I'll be hunting!!!
Rejoice in the lord always, And again I say Rejoice.

Offline Duck1968

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 02:12:00 AM »
I burn 200 gal. of deisel a week @ $3.15 glad the boss gets that bill. Staying local this year. I'll see what the prices are like in late Oct. might go home to Nebraska for whitetial does 2 for $55 non-res.

Brian

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:31:00 AM »
Just calculated with $3.30 per gallon and came out with:
I have to pay excactly TWICE as much for gas - over here! You better get used to it! "Mad Max times" are definately lying ahead ...

Brian, are you running a tank or what?!  :eek:

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 04:43:00 AM »
Not a chance,We always include gas in the trip.
You need to split it up or save youre fast food money or what ever you splurge on.
3.25 a gal split in half is 1.62 a gal,Or split three ways is 1.08,Or four is 81 cents.You see were I am going with this.
We will be heading to Montana for antelope in September so who knows what the price will be.Good luck if you do go.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline oneshot1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 06:04:00 AM »
Must be the New Yorker in me....If an exta $50.00 or $100.00 stops someone from going on a trip maybe they should budget better or get another job. It makes me wonder what folk's are really saying when they get all bent out of shape because gas goes up, and they cancel trips . Big deal, get over it. hehehehe

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »
wow!!! we pay $1.55 nz a litre cheap eh LOL!!!  :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »
Going anyway. I'll cut back on something else...no, probably not!  :)
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »
The prices are what they are and they sure as hell ain't going to get any better. Oh, there might be some occasional downward trends but that will not be normal. I don't like it, and you don't like it but they are here to stay. You just have to work around them.
 Here local, prices are up 3 cents from this time last year and that seems to be about the national average. What we forget is that gas was this high last year but then dropped for quite some time. Sticker shock all over again.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline OH at work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »
2.99 a gallon this morning.  Won't make a difference in my hunting plans but it sure stinks, especially when I see the profit statements from the oil companies come out!!  I still can't figure out why gas prices jump 20 to 30 cents in one day and they didn't even get a gas shipment in that day??    :readit:  

Joe

Offline GEREP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »
No.
To the best of my knowledge, no man, on his death bed, ever said "I wish I had spent more time at the office..."

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 08:15:00 AM »
Like everyone else I don't LIKE paying more for gas but I am more aggravated with the increase in out of state tag prices in many areas and guiding fees. I mean, get real, $780 for a tag to walk around with your bow and have a 1 in 10 chance of killing something? And a guided mulie hunt that used to cost $2200 is now $3500? or a guided bear hunt that used to cost $800 is now $2200? AND in most cases to have to get in a drawing (a lottery if you will) to see if you can pay those prices?

:knothead:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
I'll do you a swap. Our gas prices for yours   :rolleyes:  We're now up to £4.50 ($8.97) a gallon!!!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »
If gas got to $8.97 a gallon here they'd use a few gallons to burn down the whitehouse.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
Should I plan more trips? Theres gonna be less hunters out there!!!!!!!!  :bigsmyl:

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »
Good One Mickey  :biglaugh:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
I did not cancel any hunts because of gas prices, however I did choose to stay and hunt in my own state this year to save money so next year I could go moose hunting. However the cost of gas next year could dictate where I go and how many people I car pool with!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 08:54:00 AM »
I've cancelled all my out of town trips for the rest of my life. I've decided to sit here and shrivel up into a do nothing couch potato....right!

Cost of doing business my friend!!! Hell, I remember when gas was a quarter a gallon... soda pop was a dime, and you didn't need to buy drinking water.  ;)
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
I figure an out west trip for me is about 3500 miles total, including quite a bit of driving around while I am there.  Figures out to maybe 200 gallons of gas. I don't like the extra $100 bucks or so it will cost me, but that is still a fairly small part of the total cost of the trip.  Sure, it all adds up, but it isn't going to stop me from doing what I work so hard all year for.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
This thread is veering quickly into politics.   Consumers are getting screwed.  For three years in a row Exxon (04-06) posted record profits.  In fact, in 2005 and 2006, they were the highest profits EVER reported by a US company.  $36.1 billion in 2005 and $39.5 billion in 2006.

To keep my post trad bow related, I'll still hunt as much as I can this year, but it'll be closer to home and I won't do 85 in my Toyota to get there.  ggg
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©