3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shawnee longbow or ILF longbow  (Read 131 times)

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawnee longbow or ILF longbow
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
Here's the deal guys. Im ordering a longbow from Bob and was going to go with a 64in Shawnee with copperhead skins and honey stained limbs with no carbon.

You see i have a real 30in draw and was just wondering if i needed the carbon/foam limbs.

The confusion im having is i have a ILF recueve Bob built me and i really like the way it shoots but was just wondering if anyone was shooting a Shawnee with no carbon or foam and how do you like it.

One of the reason's i was leaning toward the Shawnee was because of the copperhead skins. Now Bob tells me he can put a honey stained overlay on the ILF to make it look just like the Shawnee without carbon.

I am leaning towards the ILF after Bob told me this but just wanted to get some feedback from some of the Morrison shooters.

Thanks
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Longbow338

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shawnee longbow or ILF longbow
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
I would say add the foam for sure and leave out the carbon.  I have an ilf longbow that i love will be able to tell you for sure tuesday when my shawnee carbon foam longbow shows.
2 morrison mini ilf's skinned
2 shawnees skinned
2 PCH X honduran rosewood
Tiger mytrle and brazilian rosewood

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
I have a foam core Shawnee.  No carbon e limbs with a b riser 64". I have a 30" draw and she is plenty fast. I think you may get a few more fps out of the carbon but with a 30" draw you don't need it.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
I have three Shawnees. Two sets of carbon/foam and 2 sets of bamboo core limbs. I like both, but prefer the carbon/foam. Super smooth and a little quicker. Both are very smooth and quiet.
Can't go wrong with any of these!

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
I have a Shawnee with two sets of limbs 47 lbs c/f and 53 bamboo/c.  Can't tell the diff.  Would like the ILF, but can't stand that screw.  I talked to Bob one day about it and got the idea of building a screw with a spike buck burr on it.  Now that would be cool.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
spend much time talking with Bob, and he'll sell you on the ILF for sure.  I prefer his Shawnee, it's a great bow. carbon and foam limbs will feel a little smoother, speed wise, not much diff.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©