3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Crow Creek Bows  (Read 226 times)

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
Crow Creek Bows
« on: May 08, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
Looking for info for these fine looking bows. Models,bow lengths,price,shootability. Whats the difference between the Crow Mag and Black Feather.Any other info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Crow Creek Bows
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
Elmer Patton\\'s Crow Creek Bows click here

Here's a little help for you.  There is a pretty one piece for sale now on the classifieds.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
I have a Crow Creek Mag. It's Elmers short riser. The Blackfeather is a longer riser. Very nice bows, smooth, quick and quiet with no hand shock. Elmer is one of the best bowyers I've ever dealt with also.

Here is his Photobucket gallery of different wood combos if you haven't seen it.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x269/crowcreekbows/?start=0
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »
Elmer is one of the nicest guys that you'll ever talk to.......and be prepared to chat for a while if you call him. He builds a very high performance bow that isn't hard on the eyes. I wouldn't hesitate one bit in having him create me another bow....sight unseen. He has an eye for what "looks good" together. Here's a few pictures of a 62" Blackfeather that he built for me.

Winterhawk1960

What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
That is a pretty bow. Winterhawk you have some very beautiful bows in your collection.  :thumbsup:

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 11:32:00 PM »
Thanks for the pictures and info guys.I'm really interested in the Mag TD model since i'm into shorter bows.I never owned a TD longbow and i'm really starting to get a itch for one.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »
Looks very nice.how good do they shoot.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
i checked out the web site, the crow creek mag is certainly a looker. i'd be willing to try one out
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline ripstik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »
I have shot a friends Blackfeather.Fast and smooth.I am at this time putting the money together to order a 58" Crow Mag.I was very impressed with the Crow Creek bow.

Offline 4 point

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
I have 2 blackfeathers and they shoot better than they look. They are my favorite bow. They have 0 hand shock and they are fast. I love the finish on them it looks like frost and holds up well. I plan on owning another.

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
I've owned 3 Crow Creek Blackfeathers (62, 62 and 66").  I've found the 66" works best for me, and it's my go to bow.  All are made to be around after you and I kick the bucket.  I have no problem recommending the boywer, or his bows.

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
I have a blackfeather a crow mag and a dalton.  I love the way each of them shoot but the dalton is my favorite.  It is so light I think Elmer should have called it the "Crow Feather".  It is a 1 piece and I had to ship it when I flew home last year to hunt.  However, the blackfeater was broken down and fit in my suitcase.  

That being said if space is an issue the blackfeather or crowmag will easily fit the bill.  Can't go wrong with either one.

Once in a great while you will find one of Elmer's bow on the TG bows for sale section.  I got my blackfeather and crowmag that way.  Finding someone willing to part with their Crowcreek bow seems to be pretty hard to do.  I'm thinking there must be a reason why.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline 2manyslickheads

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
As good as they come and so is the bowyer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©