3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got in trouble while shooting!!  (Read 1719 times)

Re: Got in trouble while shooting!!
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »
On the whole our police force is fairly objective, some of the town controllers not so.  But anyway, a few years back we had a large annoying skunk coming into town. The chief of police said,"you got a 22? Shoot him."  I said "a 22 in town? what if if miss and get a ricochet?" He said "Well then use your 410." I said okay to that.  Then later a racoon was coming in and getting in garbage I was asked to get it if I could. I said "It is two a.m. someone will complain", the cop on duty said "If we get a complaint I'll explain it to them."  Safety first for certain, but who can tell me what is safe when they do not have a clue what being safe is in the first place.  I prefer to think for myself, when someone else does it for me, I lose.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got in trouble while shooting!!
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Check the law - seems hard but is actually easy.  If there is a law against shooting your bow go to the mayor, city council, whoever and voice your dissaproval.  It you don't get a favorable response - show up to their meetings and state your dissatisfaction.  

You may not get anything done (and then you just might) but either way you will feel better for having taken action.  It is vindicating and satisfying to take part in the affairs of your own governance.  Make some noise, be heard, get it off your chest.  If it don't work out at least you'll have closure on the matter instead of it festering in your mind.  JMHO and exactly what I would do in your situation.

As for cops, police, etc.  There are good and bad in every barrel.  Individually I could defend them but not as a whole, neither could I defend everyone in my profession.  I have beneffited and suffered as a result of law officer's discretion. Only one time did I feel "lucky" (using a term that has been used here ad-nauseum) when I did not receive a citation and that was an occasion when I was unequivocally wrong.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©