3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I'm kind of bumming  (Read 271 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm kind of bumming
« on: May 17, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
I just hated to do this but I just posted my two heaviest weight bows for sale.

I know I'll get over it but I doubt it'll be before I get them replaced with new or new-to-me bows.

Just be gentle and sensitive to my plight/dilemma  for a time. Thank you!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I'm kind of bumming
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Mudd, if it's any consolation, I usually shoot 50-55 pound bows. I got a new to me 46 pound Centaur and am enjoying the heck out of it. Form is much better and accuracy has increased.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Mudd, Might consider putting the heavy bows up for trade only. That way you know you'll have something on the way when you send one out.
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »
Since I developed chronic elbow pain, I'm down to 50-55# bows too. No shame here, I still kill 'em all!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
Mudd,
I feel for you. I had to do the same thing a few years back. Since then I've replaced all of them,  plus a few more that I can shoot comfortably.
When you finally get the new to you lighter weight bows in hand, you'll lose some of the doldrum feelings.
Keep your chin up and think of it as a blessing.
You can still shoot!!!!
Some of these guys have had to give it up completely because of injury.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline Todweelz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
Don't worry about the weight Mudd, this sport is about enjoying yourself, if shedding a couple of pounds on a bow does that, so be it, relax and enjoy being able to shoot. Take care, Todd

Offline JEJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
Mudd, my two heaviest bows are gathering dust too. I just shoot my lighter bows better these days. It's a circle of life thing with us I guess. We made it this far down life's road, and now it's time to just match up with our bows a little better, and I got no problem with that. Hang in there, and let's enjoy shooting our lighter bows for many more years. I'm no doc, but my Rx for you is to go shoot some arrows until you feel better in the morning. Take care!

:thumbsup:

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
Mudd, if I lived close I would give you a hug.Look at it like this maybe a young guy will buy them and keep them till he can't shoot the weight and then he will do the same and so on ,and so on,and so on.Thats how you become part of the bows history.   :thumbsup:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline loyd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
know what you mean Roy i have one of JDs bows that i can only shoot for a little while, hurts to much. loyd

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
Hey, Mudd, a big part of the fun is having the "want to's" for something new.  If you sell some bows you can buy some new ones--like I just did   :D  Maybe get you a new Northern Mist Shelton like mine (I saw you keep coming back to that thread).  :p
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline mookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
Mudd it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog get some new bows and enjoy yourself.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
David you can bet I'll be shopping with NM when I bows sell after oogling yours so many times.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
Mudd,  never look back buddy.  Say your goodbyes and put em behind you. Get ahold of Dick from Seattle and have him make you a bow to help you feel better about it all.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
Mudd,

I have always shot bows that were lighter than whatever was in style I guess. I am about 6'5", and weigh 295lbs. When I go to shoots, lots of guys look at my bows and give me a hard time about my "light-weights". I guess they expect big guys to shoot stiff bows.

I don't shoot competitively or anything but do shoot a lot of 3D shoots. Most of the shoots will let you go around as many times as you want for $10, if you do not want to get in on the money. I can shoot around 3 times and still pull my bows without shaking. All those other over-bowed guys go once and on their last three shots, shake so bad trying to draw, they rarely hit anything.

I score better on my last round a little tired than a lot of them do on their first when they are fresh.

Lightening up is no big deal. I know how it is to have to give up a bow you’re attached to. That's what hurts. I have been accused of being fonder of my bows; than I was of any of the gals I dated. I didn't see any problem. Now I love my wife at least as much as my favorite bow though.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
Well, I am very new to trad hunting, but am glad that I listened to Bob Morrison.  He talked me into trying some 46# carbon foam ILF longbow limbs.  I shot them this weekend.  My form is much better, and my accuracy is incredible now.  I chronographed them for giggles.  I am shooting a trad only 500 @ 29.75 length with a 175gr pt.  It was consistent with an 8 strand string at 175fps with a 28 draw.  I thought that I would try the 53# shawnee with action boo for giggles.  It was 173fps with the same arrow.  I am hooked on the lighter poundage now.  I am going to go with a 6 strand string and put big silencers on it so it will probably balance back out in the mid 170's. I tend to short draw my Shawnee a bit after a hard round of shooting.  The only downside of the lighter bow that I have found is that I did overdraw a few shots.  It will take some getting used to, but I have much better stamina and accuracy.  Hope this makes you feel better.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©