3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2010 Cloverdale Kid's Bow Giveaway  (Read 231 times)

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
2010 Cloverdale Kid's Bow Giveaway
« on: May 20, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
Does anyone smell rattan dust?

2009 Cloverdale Kid\\'s Bow Giveaway
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2010 Cloverdale Kid's Bow Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
I smell it! If this is going to happen again this year I will be more than happy to help out in any way I can, just remember I can barely tie my shoes!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
John,
will meet you there. Will you start friday or saturday? Will likely be there saturday and sunday...

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
I haven't exactly cleared this with management yet but I'm a "ask forgiveness instead of permission kinda guy".

My plan is to have 40 bows cut to profile and then all we will have to do is tiller with the belt sander, make strings, add handle wraps and give them away.  That way I don't have to haul the bandsaw out there.  I'll try to get some help at home (child labor laws don't apply here right kids?) to cut them out.

I think I have enough stuff but I might be asking for arrows and I'll definitely need the labor.  I have 4 (sorta) adults already and my 3 kids + their 3 friends and Darren Shue's (sorta) "kids" makes a total of 8 kids so far.  But the more the merrier as always.  

I have solicited a primo spot in the vendor area.  We'll see what PJ says - hehehe.  It'd be nice to get back in the flow.

See ya all in about 3 weeks.  I'll be there Thursday to set up camp and then back on Friday through Sunday with the kids.  Pray for rain.  We're only a few inches over normal so far and what would C-Dale be without the mud?  Kidding of course.  Pray for good weather!  Good as in 70 and sunny with nights in the 50's so the fire feels good and the bugs stay away.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
OK, management has okayed the location to be where we used to do it at the entrance to the practice range.  We'll do the final tillering behind the clubhouse and then the giveaway at the canopy.  Can't wait.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©