3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fletching and fletching tools  (Read 469 times)

Offline Tim Younker

• Trad Bowhunter
Fletching and fletching tools
« on: May 03, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
I purchased a Blitzenburg (probally spelt wrong) fletching tool off ****. It came with a Helical Clamp not sure if its R or L. I also purchased some R Wing 4" Feathers I got them to lay on the arrow and glued on but they don't seam to really lay o the arrow quite right. Here is the other thing I'm a right hand shooter. Which should I be shooting R or L wing? Should I get a streight clamp and then would it matter which I use??? Actually I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing, in case you hadn't figured that out yet.

Offline MAC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fletching and fletching tools
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
You use a right wing clamp with right wing feathers and left with left or either with a straight clamp, Iam right handed and have always used left wing feathers.
>>>>----Semper Fi---->

Offline OconeeDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »
From the rear of the clamp to the front, rear of arrow toward front, if the clamp curves to the right, it is a right wing clamp and is meant to be used with right wing feathers.
I am right handed and usually use right hand feathers with no problems, but others will tell you the opposite.  Seems if arrow is right for bow, it doesn't matter to me.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »
the clamp and feather have to be the same, like others have said, but which one to use is all up to you....

Note: if using carbon or alum arrows and fletched with left wing feathers your tips might come loose, but if you use right wing they won't come loose. Other then that there is no big difference in setup.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
hey tim just get youself a straight clamp then that way you can fletch left or right. i use a jo jan and i shoot right hand and i use right hand fletch. all this about left and right dont matter as long as you stick with one. and dont mix em. it is up to you . as long as they fly off your bow good.   :thumbsup:      :archer:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
Tim:
If your clamp is the newer type(Cast) it should have a L or R on the very top of the clamp, that will tell you what you have.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline Tim Younker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
Ok from what I've read. I think that I have a right hand clamp, and I used right wing feathers. I got the feathers cheap so that maybe why they didn't lay down on the shaft real well. on the front of the jig there is an adjustment that moves the clamp in relation to the shaft how should I be useing that? I just adjusted it so the flatching layed on the shaft the best. It seams that I have a lot of spiral to the feathers. but they seam to shoot alright.

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
Yep, just fiddle with the adjustment so the feather base makes contact the whole length,a lot of helical stabilizes the arrow a little quicker.
Have fun.
Regards, Bert.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
tim...I can make a copy of the instructions to my rw bitz.. and send them if you want.... might help some....hows that bow treating ya? Steve
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Tim Younker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »
Steve.... the instructions would be great. do you still have my address? The bow is doing great. The archer needs practice.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©