3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Original Stickbowman  (Read 237 times)

Offline graylingdeerslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
Original Stickbowman
« on: May 19, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
The original Stickbowman was and will always be Fred Bear. His impact on archery in this country has made archery what it is today. The other Stickbowman and archery collector and historian was Al Reader. It was he who showed me the little stickbowman figures in his collection. Most if any traditional archers had no idea that these stickbowfigures even existed. I have only seen four myself,and know another collector that has six drawn on takedown bows. I have spoken to several other big collectors and they have never seen one except on Al Readers bows. I knew of the stickbowman figure drawn on Fred Bears bows for sometime and I got the idea, hey, wouldn't this be cool to let this little figure live on.I passed the idea on to Al and he thought it was a good idea. He did see the shirt and hat with the stickbow figure on it and liked the idea. Al said to me that finding a stickbowman figure on a bow was like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. These figures are so rare,it would be like finding 10 Grumly bows in a garage sale for fifty dollars. My intention first and foremost was archery history and tradition.Some people have questioned my intentions about marketing this tradional archery figure. If one wants to make money this is not the way to do it, the  costs for putting this together have not even come close to any profit I have made. I have tried to pass  a little bit of traditional archery that was drawn by Fred Bear some 40 or so years ago.When I see a traditional archer wearing the stickbowman hat or shirt I am making traditional archery history live on.Yes, there are so many different archery hats to buy today, Real Tree, Mossy Oak, etc. if someone is wearing one of my hats long after I am gone then I have done something for traditional archery that I never dreamed I could do. Good Hunting, Rich Tiberio,/ Graylingdeerslayer

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
Re: Original Stickbowman
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
Long Live FRED BEAR !!!!!
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
I've been wearing one of your hats I got at the Whittingham. I love the looks of it. Very unique. It's a bonus knowing that Fred Bear came-up with it and signed some bows with it.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
I'm not concerned about intentions. I'd be concerned about copyright.
If someone other than you drew the original art, and you do not have their or their estate's explicit permission to use the art, then there is an issue regardless of how much money you do or do not make on it and regardless of your intentions in using that art.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©