3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: stickbowman figure from Fred Bear bow  (Read 481 times)

Offline graylingdeerslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
stickbowman figure from Fred Bear bow
« on: April 17, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
This original Stickbowman figure taken off of Fred Bears original takedown bow.The figure was only one of some 20 to 30 stickbowfigures drawn by Fred Bear to his personal friends.With the encouragement of Al Reader and wishing the little Stickbowman figure to live on I have decided to make the Stickbowman figure available on hats and T shirts. In the near future the add/sponsor will be available on  Tradgang when one becomes open. It is my wish and hopefully the wish of other traditional bowhunters that this little unknown figure live on. Take a look at my web site  www.stickbowman.com  and let me know what you think, Please post and honest comment and let me know. trademark pending/Stickbowman/&/Stickbowman figure. Good Hunting, Graylingdeerslayer

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: stickbowman figure from Fred Bear bow
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
and the website should be  www.stickbowman.com  i think.  You left the "k" out.  It looks like you have some pretty cool looking products.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
Pretty cool. I had no idea that Fred signed a few bows with this drawing.

How big is the Stickbowman on the back and on the front of the t-shirt?
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
rastaman, I think i got the spelling correct, you would like the hats or shirts,they are original and pretty cool, thanks graylingdeerslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
jcar315,the logo of stickbowman is small on the front and 8 to 10 inches on the back, go to the web site,,www.stickbowman.com you would like the shirt and hat. thanks graylingdeerslayer

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
when you click on sticbowman it says the server can't be found.  When i add the "k" and make it stickbowman, it works fine and takes me to your website. i would edit it in your original post.   :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »
rastaman, will do thanks,,, rich,

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
That is way cool Rich resurecting this virtually unknown artifact of archery history.
Looking forward to a successful launch.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
Bjorn, thank you for your comment,the hats and shirts are really cool, I hope Fred is looking down and saying good idea, thank you for your support,,,, rich , graylingdeerslayer,

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
I like it ALOT!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
B,glass, thanks appreciate it,good hunting , graylingdeerslayer

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
Looking pretty good, what about a pin for a hat or quiver?
TGMM Family of the Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Hud, thank you for your comment,I have recently looked into the pin and  may have one soon, look in the web site  www.stickbowman.com  in a couple weeks,contact me I will send you one, graylingdeerslayer,,, rich tiberio

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
Rich,
 Welcome on Board !!! Long Live Fred Bear & "The Stickbowman" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
Man I'm going to miss seeing Al and his fine Bear T/D display and the Other great bows he had on display at Compton and the many other archery shoots and shows.. Rich I'm am very happy to see that someone is passing on the stickbowman..

I'll be sending you an email here very soon.......

Cody Roiter
(Michigan)
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 11:30:00 PM »
Al, Told me that finding the stickbowman on a bow was like finding gold at the end of the rainbow.. ( there are not very many stickbowman out there)
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »
*** I am not a lawyer, nor do I play on one TV ***
I wouldn't be too concerned with "stickbowman." What I'd be looking at is the copyright on the art itself. Fred didn't have to apply for a copyright on it. Copyright arises from the creation of the art. As I understand it, copyright continues on for 50 years past the original artist's demise. I'm not sure if the family or estate can renew it after that but I suspect they can. If you don't have permission from Fred Bear's family or estate, you may be in violation of copyright.
Legal Zoom notwithstanding, I think I'd get a second opinion before I sunk a bunch of money into hats and t-shirts.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »
A very cool Idea. IF everything is legal.
 I think you need to push that Fred Bear drew this design.

No offense, but the drawing doesn't look all that "cool". But since Mr. Bear drew it IS "cool", it might sell. I don't care for the figure that much, but I might buy something from you because of the Fred Bear history aspect.

I'd get the pic of the bow signed and "stickbowmened" in the picture page. Also try hard to find pics of the other 20-30 "stickbowmen"  If you can make the pics in the photos page be thumbnail links to fullsize pics that would be great.

If you had not told us here on Tradgang that Mr. Bear drew the bowman I wouldn't have known. I may not have looked up the "history". As I'd have no reason to believe there was any interesting history behind it.

There seems to be many "More details" links not assigned. And I couldn't get the slideshow to work.
The contact link only automatically opens my mail program. I like to see where a company is located and have a phone number to call before I send money.

Don't get the wrong idea...I LIKE THIS PRODUCT IDEA!!! I'll most likely order something. You asked for an honest opinion and I gave mine. I'm just trying to help you by giving a little insight to what others might feel.
Good Luck!!!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
I like the Tee shirts.To bad they only go up to XL. You should sell 2XLs and 3XLs.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »
Cody Roiter,thank you and everyone else for your comments,Al was a good friend and the reason I got back into shooting recurves some 30 years ago. Al invited me to see his collection and I fell in love with the 59 Kodiak. I have all the Kodiaks form 1950 to 1978/grayling/grizzlies from  1949 to 1978,It was a blast buying, trading bows at shoots,garage sales,etc. I met some great people and made great friends, my life has revolved around archer and the outdoors.Cody, yes finding the stickbowman figure on a bow is like finding a Grumley in a garage sale,Al very much prized in his collection the bows all takedowns with the stickbow figure on them.Again, I am just trying to let a little bit on archery history live on. Thanks for your support,,, graylingdeerslayer, rich tiberio

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©