3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Indoor shooting arena  (Read 132 times)

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
Indoor shooting arena
« on: May 23, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Going thru a divorce, not my idea but she says it is over.... so I will be moving into a new place. Thinking I'll settle into a 100' x 150' metal building and build a 50' x 50' living quarters, 2 story over a 40 x 40 basement - built inside the 100' x 150' building. It will be a log home and the second story will have an outside porch. I will put in an outdoor kitchen for barbques and a pool, ground level trampoline and a zipline from the kids upstairs to the far end of the building. Sort of a man/kids cave and a place I can shoot year round when the dust storms here in West texas and 40 mph winds tned to make out door shooting unpleasant. I am designing a long shooting lane 25' x 150'. The metal buildings walls will be 22' high so at one end, I will put 3D targets from the ground level and at different elevations so I can shoot uphill. At the other end, an elevated platform so I can shoot downhill. I will leave the floor surface dirt but cover it with shredded rubber. I am thinking of a elevated catwalk so I can shoot the 50 yards or walk closer shorter distances. I will set a pole and hang a tree stand in it so I can practice in several different situations. Just looking for more ideas while I plan it out....
bryce olson

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Indoor shooting arena
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 01:30:00 AM »
Sorry about the divorce, but what an opportunity to set up your living space as the ultimate man cave.  How about a moving target on one end of the range with bushes to block various parts of the travel lane.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
Its sounds like a dream home.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
Yes, Bummer about the DeeVorce,  BUT  Your Plans Sound  GREAT!!   :readit:    :readit:   Sounds like a  FINE  and Manly Abode!!  :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the moving target idea. I wondered about that, not sure I would be shooting at many moving targets but it is a challenging idea.
bryce olson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©