3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2 questions for the lawyers or the Tennessee TG members  (Read 1751 times)

Offline ballen28115

• Trad Bowhunter
1) Just checked into my hotel in Chattanooga.  I'm staying here weeknights for the next 6 weeks.  I was asking one of the management staff where a guy might take some target practice.  He told me TN law does not allow any sort of weapons in hotel rooms, inclding bows and arrows.  Does anyone know the law on this, I need just the facts please.
2) So where can a guy practice in the Chattanooga area?  I'm staying downtown, real close to the Lookouts ball park.

Offline stevemfwills

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2 questions for the lawyers or the Tennessee TG members
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »
wow thats a new one
if we are not suppose to eat animals,then why are they made of meat

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
i bet he was lying to you . i would ask a different hotel and see what they say
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
Hmm. I've done it plenty of times before.
I'm not sure how he can say that in a State with some of the most liberal Carry regs going.

I think he's blowing smoke. Ignore it or move to another Hotel.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
I turkey hunted there a few years ago and the maid just cleaned around the shotguns. I always have a handgun in my room, but I never ask anyone.
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »
Yeah, that's a load.  I just did it this past weekend.  You should post over on the tradgang-TTAS link.  We've got a several members close to there.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
Doesn't sound right.We had hundreds of bows in the lobby of the Millenium Maxwell House hotel in Nashville during the PBS banquet in March. Not to mention the shooting area out back for pbs'ers to test shoot bows. I'll bet Fred Asbell brought a hundred knives to sell as well. All were in the lobby for everyone to see, including the other guests.
DonD

Offline David Sapp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
I agree with the above posters. What hotel is it? I have had bows/rifles in MANY motel rooms over the years. Some motels even offer "deer hunter specials" in the fall. Never, ever heard of not being able to have one in the room. I can understand them not wanting you to shoot in the room, but possession shouldn't be an issue.

There is an indoor range on Bonny Oakes drive I think. Alex has sold the owner a Fox bow or two over the years. Next month there will be an Old Fartes shoot in Crossville TN, about 90 minutes out of Chattanooga. I live about an hour out of Chatt as does Rob. NoCams - Jimmy is about 45 minutes to your west, Don and Skyler are about an hour away.
Hunting with the bow and arrow involves earning your way by making meat, getting your hands messy in the process and then recognizing your own reflection upon them.
"The Squirrel Chronicles"
Dean Torges

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
Hey Bert....give me a call tomorrow @ 877-498-9444. We have an outdoor range out to 50 yards and an elevated platform. We are about 20 minutes from where you're staying, west on I-24.
Talk to you soon....Don Wilson
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline FrankM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
Sounds like you could take it up with upper management.

Offline Throop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 10:30:00 PM »
Hey I'm working in clarksville Tennessee. And I shoot my bow in the parking lot. Don't worrie about it they are full of it I travel the mid west and have never had a problem with hotels or anybody for that matter.
Adam Throop
Mohawk Longbow
64" 49@28

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
That guy who told you that,has been drinking his bath water.I have been to Nashville with sometimes 6-8 bows in my room,with no problem.Ill be out there in july for the IBO Traditonal World,and my bows will go to the room with me.If its a T/D just put it in a bag.Good Luck

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »
Shoot away Bert.Just dont put any holes in the wall.I had bows in my room in Chattanooga everytime I stayed thier on my way south to FL.I never tried to hide them when I carried them to my room.They were in thier bowsocks though.Back Quiver full of arrows in tow as well.No one said a thing.I never asked either though.

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
Bert i may be of help to you.I live up the road off I75 in Cleveland.I have several targets in my big backyard.Also there is a club that has shoots only 5 min from my house.Go to "bucks2beards.com" and you will see there is a shoot june12-13.Choo choo archery is on hwy 58 and they have an indoor range up to 25 yds.He has some trad bows there but caters to the wheelie crowd also.His number is:423-622-6849.Mine is 423-244-3324.please do give me a call and I would be happy to shoot with you and show you around.
see

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
Just in case, a damp Kleenex does a passable job of hiding arrow holes in motel room walls.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline J. Adams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
are you speaking from experience, Don?   :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »
There were lots of bows in the hotel in Nashville during the PBS gathering and nothing was said.
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
Tennesee is a hunting state.  What do they think happens during deer season, quail season and dove season.  This person is full of something, but I doubt that it is current knowledge.

ChuckC

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Don Stokes:
Just in case, a damp Kleenex does a passable job of hiding arrow holes in motel room walls.
Toothpase, but not the "new" swirly kind....    :archer2:
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
Stop talking to hotel/motel staff.  H

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©