3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim Bows  (Read 576 times)

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
Big Jim Bows
« on: May 28, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »
Well i've started saving up for a new longbow and i wanted to no your thoughts on Big jims bows.Hows the quality and how smooth do they draw compaired to some of the others out there.Trying to stay around 600.00 or so.I'm open to opinions on other bows as well.Any help would be appreciated.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim Bows
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »
IMHO they are the best bow made!!  They are very smooth drawing and feel about 5# lighter in draw weight than they really are; they're quiet as a mouse, shock free, and really fling an arrow.  I've never shot the Thunder Child so all of my opinion comes from my experience with Jim's Buffalo bow.  If you have a grip preference or any questions at all give Big Jim a call.  He's knows his stuff and is a very patient man!  Just ask him about me and you'll truly understand what a nice, patient man he is!  Even if his bows were twice the price, I honestly don't think you could do better for the $$$!  Fit and finish on his bows is perfect and each one is truly a work of art!!  Most importantly though; they are real performers and will shoot along with bows costing 3 times more that don't look half as good!  Order a 60" 50# to 60# and if you don't like it give me a call!  I'm pretty sure I won't be hearing from you.   ;)
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline soundman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 12:48:00 AM »
I have shot numerous bows and for me the Dryad orion is a great bow really fast dead in the hand and a great built bow. If you can try and shoot one of the bows you are interested in and see if it fits you.
Black Creek Siren 64"  55@28

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
That's what i'm looking for.Smooth, fast,quiet,performs good and  probaly when i decide going to order a 55#@28" 60-62" long.I no there's more that own them on tradgang.Lets hear the storys and see some pics.Thanks Chuck
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
here's a few pics of my Buffalo bow.  It's Ziricote riser with Dalmation ebony stripe, and Dalmation Ebony limbs.

Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
Nice bow, Ken.

Offline mancole5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
use the search engine on here and you will find plenty of the info that you are looking for. I have already posted a review of my Big Jim Thunder Child and I know that there is a slide show on here of peoples bows from Big Jim.  I will repeat and say that I love my Big Jim's bow!

Offline featherhorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
i cant say nothing but good things about the buffalo bow i wish i could new how to post pics i would my buffalo bow is 64" 80@28 and it draws like its 5 pounds lighter mine is his take down locket socket it works great no flaws there mine is all ebony gaboon and macassar with sheep horn on both front and back of the riser give big jim a call he will fix you up

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
I hope to give you a review soon, mine should be in the mail any day now, been checking my P.O. Box every chance I get.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
Dannybow ,I'm with ya my friend mines in the same batch as yours the waits driving me nuts!C'mon Jim pipe into this conversation LOL.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
They are awsome bows.

Coaster500 made a slide show.  Mine is in there.  Caution...this is serious eye candy..

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/coaster500/Big%20Jims%20Bows/
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
Sounds like everyone likes Big Jims bow.Great looking bow Kenneth.Thanks for posting the pics.Well won't be long before i put 1 on order the way it's looking.Now i need to decide the woods i'm going to go with.post some pics Dannybows and Steve when yal get them in.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
Can't wait for mine  ;)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
Here's some pics of Jamie Mcfall bow that he wanted me to post.She is a bute.64" 86#@30"Buffalo bow

Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs

Offline tnbuckskinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
The pics don't do Jamie's bow justice,it's really nice.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »
Nice bow Jamie!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline featherhorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
thanks i love it and the locket socket is solid as a rock even at that weight you cant see the veneers real well but its all macassar and gaboon ebony with sheep horn

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
Fellas- I apreciate the help. I am very proud to hear that so many are enjoying them.

For those that have any questions that you would like to as me personnaly, you may email me, pm me or call me at 229-344-1616.

thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
My God Jamie that bow is simply fantastic,you gotta be proud!I think in all fairness to Jim and the so many threads that have been written lately about his bows is his immpeccable talent as a bowyer,and if you've ever had the pleasure of talking with him you'll find as a gentleman he even exeeds said talent,So well done my friend.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
Back and Belly Sheep  :)  Coool!!!

Sweet looking bow !!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©