3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thank You, Fred Anderson ...  (Read 203 times)

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank You, Fred Anderson ...
« on: May 29, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Have been looking for a longer deep/narrow core L/B for awhile now, and low & behold I found one, picked this Anderson up at the Baltimore Bowmen Shoot, knowing nothing about them, but had to have it, After contacting Fred with the help of Dave Mitchell, we had quite a conversation, Great Man !! Seems this Bow I picked up was built in 2000, She is flawless, Fred calls it "DiamondBack Skookum" Many, Many hours went into this L/B, Absolutely Gorgeous, According to the fella I got her from it was never shot, and looks to be the case, After talking with Fred Anderson, I have received his 2 Books, The Traditional Way & Toxicated, Signed by Fred himself, and a Picture & little story of the Bow I have,, Pretty Cool I think, can't wait to read them, So thanks Fred & Dave for putting me in contact with him ... Adam

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thank You, Fred Anderson ...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
So Adam, when are we gonna see pics?

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »
Hope All is well Pat, I'll try in the next day or 2, May need 2 cameras, so many woods in this Beauty, lots of Yew, African Blackwood, Imbuia, Purple Heart, some Maple ? Heck, Im not sure, does have an off set handle, Pretty neat !! Tips looks to handle FF just fine but Fred wants B50 on her, still has original string, real narrow L/B, less than an inch at the fades, a tad under 1/2'' at the tips, a little bit of history in this Bow, I believe ... Take Care Buddy ...

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
Going great.  I'll be leaving NJ for good in less than 3 weeks.  Hard to complain about that.  Glad that you got something new to shoot.  I gotta tell you, that critter gitter shoots alot nicer than I figured it would. My draw length is a little shorter on that bow, maybe 28 3/4", but it spits an arrow out pretty good.  Quiet too.  You might be onto something with them 'D' bows, lol.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »
I hear ya bud, this Anderson is somethin else, but my Mohawk is the Meat & Taters Shooter !! Oh well, so much for my One Bow thing "Again" Good luck on the move, and Hey, I like Jersey !! but only for a few weeks outta the year Saltwater Fishin !! Take Care Man, hope your cell # is the same & ya get a NEW PHONE !!!

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
LOL.  My $20 go-phone is still ticking.  I'm gonna hold out as long as possible before getting a new one.  Too cheap.  Same number, bro.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
GOTCHA !!!!

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
Got into the books a little today ,, GOOD STUFF ...

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Adam, glad you and Fred connected. He is a real gentleman of the old school and fantastic bowyer.  Too bad he is retired from bow making.  His bows are really all one of a kind, I don't think he ever made two just alike in every detail.  You'll enjoy the bow and you'll love the books.  I'm just getting into Toxicated.  It tells the stories of some of the great old archers of the past.  They are the guys who really define "tradition."
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »
Thanks again Dave, Fred sent me a Pic of mine and it's MATE, a Hill style in Lefty, with all the details written on the back, I said to him, so ya don't build any more, he said no, only for a few friends, but I just finished a recurve to take to some of the shoots, and he chuckled ... Good Stuff, for sure ...

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
Fred is a fine gentlemen and most generous.  I have one of his recurves, a Mojo Ext., with the name "Boogie" written on the edge of a limb.  This is superb shooting bow.

His latest book "Toxicated..." comes highly recommended.  If you want to learn of the early history told through the words of those who experienced it, this is a must.  These old guys enjoyed the hunt, didn't take themselves too serious, and had fun doing it.  

Fun is something we seem to have lost during the journey.  We shouldn't be ashamed or worried about the PC of having fun hunting.  It's the "Traditional Way," pun intended.   :)

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
I second Fred's new book and him being a true asset to the archery community , a fine man with a great sense of humor.
Well said on the subject of fun Cliff.

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
I'm with Ted, and the copy of Fred's new book he sent me is just great. I'm still rereading Fred's first book a lot , and the new book is just a great natural extension of the first, reminding us that archery is meant to be fun . As a habitual stump shooter I'm kinda hoping that when i pass from this world i'll head up the great trail in the sky and whack stumps with Earle Stanley Gardner ...
They are my kind of archers !

Ben
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©