3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Mahantango longbow (pics)  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
Mahantango longbow (pics)
« on: May 04, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
Well I just sent a new "Full Draw" pic to    ber643  for his collection and figured I'd post some pics of my new bow.
First let me give you a little background on how I found such a cool longbow. You see I was at Whittingham this past weekend and met a bunch of real nice guys from all over. One guy I met from PA was shooting a sweet looking longbow. He said, "a bowyer that lives right near me put this one together for me. Would you like to try it?" Sure! I'm always up to shooting a new bow. Boy, let me tell you I was hooked on the first shot! You see this guys bow was 55@28 and I happen to be shooting a Robertson Mystical [email protected] comparison! This guys bow shot my 700+gr. arrow flat and hard. And quiet too. I shot a good foot over the back of the wolf target we were at. Well needless to say I had to find out how to get me one of these longbows. It turns out that J&M Traditions, who is a regular dealer at Whittingham, sells these bows. Great I think I'm going right over there and seeing what they got. They had just what I'm looking for. 66" 50#@28" I gotta give it a test drive! Jim Rebuck of J&M says"go have some fun." WOW! even the 50@28 was spitting my 700+gr arrows with authority! I gotta have this bow, but now I realize no way is my wife gonna ok another bow purchase so soon. Gotta think, what am I gonna do? Well it turns out I found someone among all the cool people I met, that wanted to buy my Hoyt Gamemaster. Turns out I got exactly what Jim wanted for the longbow for the Gamemaster. Praise the Lord! I got me a new longbow!
Mahantango Longbow by Jim Martin of Sunbury PA.
These are my first three shots at 50yds once I got her tuned.
1st shot

2nd shot

3rd shot

All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mahantango longbow (pics)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
Jim Rebuck of J&M Traditions is gonna send me all the information about the woods used to make this bow later, he didn't have that with him at the shoot. Here's a few more pics of the bow.

All praise is the Lords

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »
Now that's my preferred style of LB! Man, if it outshoots your Robertson, it's a heck of a shooter for sure...

Love those long riser fades...

Oh great, now I've got another bow on the "list"...

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
Hey Cutty47, I know it probably isn't fair to try to compare a Robertson built back in '79 to a more modern longbow but hey the Robertson is the only other longbow I own. I have had the opportunity to shoot many fine longbows and always felt the Robertson was good enough for me. Until now that is. I just had to have this bow. If you ever get the chance to shoot one of these fine longbows I'm sure you will agree that this bow needs to be up there on any must have list.
All praise is the Lords

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »
I was looking at those bows at the shoot also.  Nice looking bows.

So who is the actual bowyer Jim Rebuck?
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
I love Hill style longbows...
I need contact info for this bowyer....Please
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Emmons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
Here is Jim Rebuck´s website.   http://members.aol.com/jmtradit/index/JMTraditions.html

Jim Rebuck and his wife Marcy have a traditional archery business called J&M Traditions.  I use to shoot with Jim, when I lived up that way.  He does alot of shows.  Build some awesome arrows, always has a large section of used bows and he also carries Dale Stahl and Jim Martin (above mentioned) bows.  I also shot with Jim Martin at a few different shoots.  Both are good guys.

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »
MikeC,
Jim Martin is the Bowyer and Jim Rebuck is the seller. As far as I know.

Mike G,
the only contact info I have is for J&M Traditions like bowhunterinchile said they are the archery business that carries Mahantango Bows. The best I can say is follow the link above.
All praise is the Lords

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
That is awsome buddy! Glad you found such a nice bow. Too bad I wasn't there to try that one out.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
Hey Jerry,
you know all you have to do is stop by the house.
All praise is the Lords

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »
CONGRATS!!!  :thumbsup:    There Is A Reason For Everything My Friend!!  :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Well, I stopped by Vaughn's house to shoot this bow. WOW is that a great shooter. No stack, no hand shock, really put that arrow (700gr) out there. I was amazed. It is the nicest shooting bow I have ever had the privilage of shooting. Thanks for the nice day buddy.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
Thats cool!!! me likes   :archer:    :archer:    :goldtooth:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline The Bushmaster #5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Hay Deadsmple nice bow )))))))------> from the boys from PA....How are you liking that bad boy P loves that gamemaster.And the tick is ok.

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
Bushmaster #5,
I'm sure loving this bow. Thanks to P, my wife is cool about it too! Looks like I'll be seeing you Pa boys at Sawmill this year.

Oh yeah, Welcome to Tradgang. I think you'll like it here.
All praise is the Lords

Offline ColoBearBait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »
I went to the J&M link, but could not find anything there for the Mahantango. All their classified ads seem to be more than a year old. Is there a new webpage for them, or maybe they just haven't posted anything for your bow? It sure is a nice looking one.

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
Hey Vaughn, glad I could turn you on to a bow that fits you so well! As you can tell by my handle, I'm a little predudiced. I tell anyone who will listen that they are the best bow for the money out there. Maybe it will make waiting for the Marriah a little more bearable. Hope to see you at Sawmill.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Hey my brother,
Welcome to Tradgang. I still got a silly smile on my face 'cause of this bow. Thank you so much for showing me the way.

Looks like I'm definitely gonna be at Sawmill this year and I sure look forward to sharing a campfire with you and Ethan again. You got a great boy there. I know you're proud.

Vaughn
All praise is the Lords

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
What do they sell for????
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©