3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stick n' String 3D Shoot  (Read 332 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Stick n' String 3D Shoot
« on: June 07, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »
This past weekend I attended a trad shoot in central Oregon. Lots of fun shooting a well set up 3D course in the pines. Loved the "bedded bull elk" shot. Got to meet some great folks. It was good to see families out with their kids too. Thanks Traditional Archers of Central Oregon, TACO, for doing such a great job.
This first picture is of a friend who has been fun to get to know. He helped me build my first bow. Steve is great woodworker and builds a great 50's style recurve.  Anyway, we were shooting the course and we came up on a family. Steve noticed the bow the boy in this picture, Griffin, was shooting. It was one of Steve's kids bows that he had built! After an introduction and a handshake a picture of the bowyer with the archer was needed...haha  Actually I think Griffin gave Steve some shooting pointers also.
The next picture is of the tension-filled "water jug competition". Also fun to watch and shoot. With the wind picking up a bit on Sunday it made for some moving targets once in awhile! I've got to remember to bring "low profile" fletched arrows next time. The fletching kept plugging up the hole in the milk jug.    :banghead:    

Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stick n' String 3D Shoot
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
sounds like a great time ...wish i had been there . great to hear the young ones are getting out there building great memories and learning positive things.   :bigsmyl:
form is everything! shoot well shoot hard.

Offline Jmgcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stick n' String 3D Shoot
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Fantastic...Great to see the children learning.
Life is not about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain!
Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD,... Psalm 33:12

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©