3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Are U a Tradbowhunter or Tradarcher?  (Read 7682 times)

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Are U a Tradbowhunter or Tradarcher?
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
Long arms; he's really pullin' about 41.  Don't want to over do it.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
It's post like this that need to be pulled. It serves no purpose. In the end nothing was learned or gained from it... Nothing positive that is....

Mark
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
Except conversation....
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »
Mark,

The original post had some interest. Not the part about the merits of target archery and 3 D. But, about shooting 3 D with the bow you hunt with. That is a valuable comment.
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
Very True...Some times things just rub me wrong.

Sorry for my negitive comments....
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by DesertDude:
Very True...Some times things just rub me wrong.

Sorry for my negitive comments....
Don't be sorry Dude, sometimes it the little things that gets thread to run the wrong way or turn in to a bad thread...

Like I posted Before I'm a Traditional Bowhunting Archer, on 3-D shoots I set up like I'm hunting.. Hell I do that when I just shooting too.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2010, 12:22:00 AM »
Dude,

It's all good.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »
A target bow is any bow that's string has extra serving tied on top of serving under a metal string nock to hold their arrow nock up.!?! A real bowhunter simply uses his or hers index or middle finger snugly under the nock of the arrow to hold up  .

ok joe now i really dont like you . any bow is a target bow!!! anything you shoot and arrow at is a target!weather a peice of paper or a piece of foam ,or a piece of crap floating arround in the yard, and yes even an animal is a target . its what we are aiming at hence: a TARGET.

I BET YOU HAVE AN ASSULT WEAPON TOO !!!
 what else would you use a weapon for .????

this is getting stupid but i think this is your whole point . just seeing how far you can get people fired up. it was fun for a while but now id rather listen to your wife snore.  :smileystooges:
form is everything! shoot well shoot hard.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2010, 12:34:00 AM »
"Houston, we have a problem"

I think this thread may be done.
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
i can only hope
form is everything! shoot well shoot hard.

Offline mrpenguin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »
Uhhh... what's going on here...
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _  _  
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2010, 08:36:00 AM »
;)    means good nature ribbing..i was just finally returning the favor of sarcasm to an online friend.

post started about a friend's disappointment to see so many target type bow and setups at a large Traditional bow shoot. I gave my oppinion. This thread has twisted and turned many ways by other posters.

It's sad to me and my friend that some big Traditional bowhunting shoots COULD be fading away from "bring what you hunt with". How do ya'll feel....
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
 anyone else of the same mind set as me " Bring what you hunt with ?"
"TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTER" here:

That is what I do. I use what I hunt with for everything. To me 3D is a game and I am a competitor in the game. I go to 3D shoots because I like playing the game and hanging out with friends. But if missing the 60 yd elk target happens because my heavy arrows fall off way out there and because I never practice at 60yds then so-be-it. I love traditional bowhunting. If someone gave me an ultimatum, 3D or hunting, I would never shoot another 3D target again.

By the way, I don't mind the gadget guys (target shooters). They are in it just for the game and that is OK. It is just that much sweeter on the days that I do beat them.

Bisch

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
It does not matter why you go to a 3d but if they are keeping score don't be surprised to see someone shooting a target bow.   :biglaugh:

I shoot targets with lighter bows and hunt with them as well.Heavier bows are great..for someone else but I have no need for one.I can have all kinds of fun with buddys at a 3d but still try to shoot as high a score as I can.One has nothing to do with the other.jmo
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
IMO the final word/pulse is shoot organizers ( private or organizations)....for ex....The Lofton World Championships in MS was a long running state/regional shoot(5-600 shooters)..it is no more now. It's gone!  why?  obviuosly participation dropped off to redline...but why?...does a few set the tone of the shoot?..it should not but it does.....IMO.. i believe the "bring what you shoot hunting crowd is the backbone of Traditional shoots"....they will slowly and steadily slip away from traditional shoots heavily dotted with guys shooting Target Style resemblence tackle ( you know the crowd)....just like WE did from compound shoots in the 80's.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
Joe you may be right,  But I hope your wrong..

It's sad to think that people are so petty...

If they are hurting the 3d shoots so bad, why not get clubs to change the equiptment reqirements? Will this save our 3D shoots? By closing the door to a few, will it save it for the rest? I don't have all the answers, just gut feelings and they say "Go, enjoy yourself, have a great time, support the Clubs putting on these shoots, see old and new friends, and have Fun".

Maybe I do have the answer, Go to these shoots and support the clubs who put them on. Have a great time and not worry what other are shooting.

Yea that's my answer.....
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »
I hope i am too! My needs have changed over the years as what "i" need from a Traditional Shoot. Now i need a place/shoot to take my 2 young sons so they can be around a bowhunting evironment but i'm seeing less and less kids. Why? However i'm seeing more and Strictly Target Style shooters?....Are the "backbone bring what you hunt crowd also the kid bringers?".....20 years ago these typical shoots were a fellowships of bowhunters....what are they today, a fellowship of 3-D advocates?  Does todays 3-D shoots promote bowhunting or good scores? or both? When last time you shot a Traditional Shoot with ethical kill scoring? What will a Traditional 3-d shoot look like 20 years from now?  recurve crossbows?....do we stand for something or stand for all? can we stand for both?.....FYI.biggest threat to archery season in MS right now is our inability to produce deer kill with our tackle to satisfy our state DNR.

Offline Northwest_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
We seem to have the same priorities regarding these shoots.  I have 2 boys 10 & 6 and they loved their first trad event over the Memorial Day weekend.  They shot with longbows and wooden fieldtips and loved every minute of it.  Our trad event had 5 points for a kill shot zero for missing the parget but -5 points for a wounding shot.  I liked that but I never keep score.
Michael

** Poppa can we go out and shoot bows and arrows? **  My boys

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
As I stated several pages back, I’m not familiar with IBO rules or any other organized rules, other than there are certain stakes for certain shooters. (Example: a stake for longbow shooters and one for recurve shooters) and  that each ring on the target is worth so many points, so keep that in mind when you read my suggestion.

If keeping score and being #1 in the class that you shoot is important to you, wouldn’t it make sense to for you to petition for a new class or group to compete in? It could be called the Hunter Class and all bows in this class must have a starting weight of 50# or more. By doing this it would eliminate your annoyance of competing with the techie shooters that shoot light weight bows and give you satisfaction of competing with people who shoot the same equipment as you.
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
Gatekeeper..I started this thread NOT about score......not about IBO.....not about salt earth trad bowhunter getting beat by shiny 35# 68" target recurve......It's not about who WINS......it's about In Your Oppinion does allowing Target Style resemblence equipment change the fabric of the crowd at these shoots now and in the future? so lets have it?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©