3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Are U a Tradbowhunter or Tradarcher?  (Read 7680 times)

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Are U a Tradbowhunter or Tradarcher?
« Reply #180 on: June 09, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
How does James have time to cook when he's shootin in 7 classes?....Cory must be doing that cookin for him.

Let me make a couple of calls and get my team back together...I got a bow coming from korea....i'll roll a hog before i come so "its" my hunting bow......Only good shot ever come out of NC was Linda Graham IMO and she don't shoot with rednecks ....Ya'll can't even put the right sauce on BBQ.......hold tight
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
I just went to a shoot last weekend at the T.H.E. club south of Topeka.
Great folks with a two day total of shooters over 200. Lots of cubs and youth paticipated. They break it up between Recurve,Longbow and Primitive classes, mens and women, for adults. A 40 target course covering a lot of ground.
I shot Primitive with a bow of my own making so that added to the fun...

Offline stickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: June 09, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
It appears to me it all comes to that hanging wath the big dogs and the porch thing.If you want a 10 go home practice come back and shoot you a 10 but don't blame it on lite bows cause I rather shoot a well placed arrow with a lite bow than 70# bow and a gut shot which is what I'm sure happen's a lot   If watching the hunting setup crew at the 3d shoot trying to hit a hay bale at 15yds. It sounds like some of the clubs need modern recurve or unlimited class for bows with rest,sights,stabilizers ect and if they can't deal with that they can stay home and wine and eat cheese.It's usually the one's that put the most into it that get's the most out of it so like I said if you want a 10 go home wine cry practice come on back and shoot you a 10.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Again............it's NOT about the score Stick......this thread is about the Crowd and their equip...........Do you shoot 3-d with your hunting bow? if not why?............so are you a 40#er?

Offline Dusty Nethery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: June 09, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »
If someone is too uptight or narrow minded to shoot with a fellow archer, regardless of choice of equipment, they can stay home for all I care.

I don't shoot trad to receive a pat on the back and a badge of honor; I shoot a recurve or longbow because I enjoy it. I respect passionate individuals regardless of what weapon they choose.

I shoot a couple of trad only 3D shoots every year and don't think they are any more fun than the mixed bag shoots.

Sure the compound guys take longer but the ones I shoot around have the courtesy to let us shoot through. And sometimes I see some of the trad guys holding up the lines by looking for lost arrows. So, six of one and a half dozen of another.

Offline stickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
I own several bows however in 3d my choice and primary class is usually primitive and I shoot  a 48# @27 and I am a hunter and kill deer every year with trad gear and and usually with a osage stick.but it seams to be back to the how trad are  you thing and as that goes I am more than most.but I shoot along side the the modern bows and have no problem with them as long as they are not in my stick bow class.Really I don't see much difference in a recurve that's made of metal,wood,carbon they all have glass & or carbon limbs and are just one step under a compuund so what if some look more high tech. But I don't cry cause everybodys bow is more modern than my Osage stick.just have fun shoot to the best I can and try to have a positive attitude.

Offline nightowl1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
i shoot with my hunting arrows and bow. I don't change anything. The main purpose of my stick is to hunt. I figure if I shoot the exact same setup for everything dove to deer to foam to hogs it will help make me a better hunter.

Shooting 3d is fun! My father in law shoots more targets than he hunts though so his setup is a little different. I think thats fine too.
Combo Hunter 46@28

I came from nothing and I brought it with me.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by joebuck:
Ya'll can't even put the right sauce on BBQ..
Now you makin perfect sense  :biglaugh:
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2010, 01:17:00 AM »
i am both for this reason.i like the competition.i love putting a beatin on a souped up target bow.nothing funner than watching a guy look at his hotrod recurve as he realizes a guy with a true trad bow just wupped him.the elk hunting just needs no explaining.i live to chase elk.3d shoots are also a blast and a great way to make new friends.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline cohutta orange

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2010, 01:31:00 AM »
Well I've held out on posting just to see what goes on. I shoot a Shakespeare Necedah 45# @ 28".  I'm a smaller guy does this mean I shoot target bows. I don't think so. We're all archers. I haven't got a deer yet, but I have had a few cottontails, squirrels, and am working on groundhogs. Can it not be to each his own? I would have to say from what I have seen it is all fun. Lets have fun and if that means shooting targets or game, it is still the one shot that counts. Instead of breaking everyone down WE should unite and be trad bowyers. Yes I build my own bows but that gives me no reason to look at someone else and badmouth them. It's America, for some of us, no offense to you other gangers, love the stories and the pics. But seriously can we not just get along?   Sorry about the long post and to keep this one going, but really, can we not just have fun? Thats why I came into this and got out of wheelies. God bless to everyone.
Shoot straight and keep the heads keen

Offline cohutta orange

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2010, 01:34:00 AM »
Sorry I forgot to mention I have never been to a 3D shoot just trying to get better in the backyard. Sorry for rambling. Thanks all.
Shoot straight and keep the heads keen

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »
I have to agree with gatekeeper (tom porter).

I do wonder if the cable gun ppl actually enjoy themselves though. There are usually pissed if they don't get the 12x...whatever.

I shoot for ME period...I shoot to have FUN and PRACTICE. I like to practice REAL shots though and sometimes I have to go on myh own and shoot from different places than is the norm on the course.

I love shooting 3D for reasons that are probably common  with most us...life sized targets BUT SOMETIMES I see them at UNREALISTIC DISTANCES for a hunting situation.

I might be wrong and have been before. I LOVE AND LIVE TO HUNT.....I think 3D really helps this....

WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE BH 3D COURSES THOUGH.

Jer BEar

Offline Str8Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2010, 02:24:00 AM »
There's a lot to read through on this thread.

I don't see a problem with anyone using a certain type of bow within the limits of the class. I go to shoots to enjoy myself and the company of friends. I also go because I enjoy the challenge of trying to get better and doing well. I've never shot a course and if I lost to someone who shot more technological equipment felt like my experience was diminished.

Traditional bowhunters in my neck of the woods are pretty easy going. Most folks could care less what you shoot so long as you're having fun. Most shoot the same bows they hunt with, whether it's a 65# Hill or a 40# metal Wing recurve. The trouble isn't with the equipment somebody else uses it's with people having a biased opinions based on what they think "hunting" equipment consitutes. Next time it is assumed that a bow is a target bow ask the shooter if they hunt with it. The answer may surprise you.

Offline Margly

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2010, 03:15:00 AM »
I both hunt and compete!
The competitions is for me very important for the fun and the practice for beeing a better archer!(I also enjoy winning   :archer:  

Margly
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey      :thumbsup:    

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »
I've always used my off Hunting Season shoots be it 3D or Field as practice for that hunting shot.

But I slao like to shoot my bows, almost an addiction to me so in a sence I'm kinda both I guess.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline 3arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »
Been there and done that,now in my later years I enjoy helping new and old getting started in trad shooting.So I guess I have become a Trad teacher.But myself my great love will allways be Bowhunting.You can always learn something from anyone.Have Fun and don't sweat the small stuff.
Believe in nothing,fall for anything

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2010, 08:45:00 AM »
I hopelessly can not get most of  ya'll off this rut of "This against That"......."Divided hurts all of us"...."40# against 60#".....i'll try one more time another way....

In your oppinion...Is the equipment of Traditional 3-d shoots changing with more and more shooters shooting "3-D type setups" rather than their Hunting bows...Is this a good thing or Bad?........

In 20 years will Traditional 3-D shoots go the way of the compound shoots with very little participation because of equipment pressure?

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
here is a thought... do you think the crowd is changing at 3d shoots to a more target mentality?  . Do you think that will affect the future of 3d shoots ?
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
Thomas,

Now there is an intellegent question!

This thread has gone back and forth from smart to stupid.
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline 3blades

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by hogdancer:
here is a thought... do you think the crowd is changing at 3d shoots to a more target mentality?  . Do you think that will affect the future of 3d shoots ?
I think we all like to be the best shooter in the group and so yes it is becoming a more target oriented shoot but I also don't think it is effecting 3D in a bad way. Good competition will make us all better and more confident.
60's Bear Cub    45#@28"
Samick Stingray  50#@28"
Hickory self bow 55#@28"
HH Big 5 Longbow 65#@28"
Bears paw T/D LB 75#@28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©