3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good price on Craftsman 12" bandsaw?  (Read 480 times)

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
Good price on Craftsman 12" bandsaw?
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »
I found an older Craftsman 12 2 -speed bandsaw in what appears to be decent shape. 1 1/8 hp motor. It does not have a miter gauge or rip fence and I'm trying price those parts.  It also has the tilting head versus the table, which do you prefer? On thing is the tilting head saw really has big table, aluminum in this case.  Asking $125, whatcha think?  Oh, also doesn't have the roller guides.  Thanks for your input.

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good price on Craftsman 12" bandsaw?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
buy it. offer 100 first.
"Learning how to shoot a bow is easy if you learn the right way"..Howard Hill

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
SOS:
Don't waste your money on a 12" saw, save your money and buy a 14" saw with roller guides and a rip fence and miter guage. By the time you add all those extras you will have spent enough to buy the 14" saw and will still have a 12" saw.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 08:10:00 AM »
I have one of those, cost me a hundred bucks and a trip to Nashville,TN. to pick it up. works very well for building risers, blades are easy to get, but the generic Craftsman, and other box store blades don't last long at all, one 9 dollar blade per limb has been my experience, so now I use it mostly for risers, and shape my limbs with a Rigid edge/spindle sander, a 14" saw would be a little better and more expensive, but I believe you'd still have to find better blades..........................Steve
True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »
I have that saw.  If it is the older US made model, it will work great.  A bigger saw might do more on relaly big pieces and work quicker on staves but I have made over 100 bows with mine and it is still working.  I paid $100 for mine 7 years ago.  It is the 1985 model.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©