3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Scent free deodorant???  (Read 1291 times)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Scent free deodorant???
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
I use the Crystal from Cover-up
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
Yep the crystal rock works great, and lasts for years. I also use Sure unscented. But here is something I learned from my wife's grandfather. Is to shave your armpits. The hair is what really holds the smell, and the antipersperants get right to the skin. Laugh all you want guys, but it does help cut down on body odor. Especially if you can't shower daily. Laughing myself, Jim

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
I use a deodorant Crystal, All the time.  They can be found at most health food type stores. (I know my bear quest guys are gonna have a field day with this one) Anyway, they work amazing  ZERO scent, Zero Chemicals, All natural, and wont clog your pores which other deodorants are made to do.
Worth looking into... OH and the best part.... They LAST FOR YEARS! or until you drop it on the bathroom floor and it shatters into a million pieces...
$4.00

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about the Mitchum. I only use it for hunting season... but I notice that many of my favorite aftershaves and deoderants now use the disgusting cheap-butt Parfum that seems the rage...cheapens the smell and makes it smell like caca to me... fires my allergies too!

I used Robinson Labs Hair & Body deoderant gel, then use the "crystal" till it starts to dry out and chatter across your pits. That can wake you up!  :)

Do it every day but like something more in season. The Scent Shield stuff in the black bottle works if you start using it regularly 2 weeks before season to really tame down all odiferous areas of the body... and keeps it down used daily.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
Toms of Maine
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline frankwright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
I have always used the Mitchum and after reading this I sniff checked an open one in my shaving kit and a new one in the cabinet and I don't smell anything.

At least not anything that would cause a problem.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »
Frankwright: I wish I could say the same. For about a year or so now both Laura and I have been trying other scent free deodorants/antiperspirants and even some of the "hunting" ones have an odor. Mitchum has clearly changed their formulation and for everyday living the faint odor is not really noticeable. However, in a hunting situation I do not want any odors I can avoid, especially ones that I apply to myself.  To me a faint odor is like a "little sound"....not at all desireable if it can be avoided. A faint odor to us humans is not so faint to a nervous whitetail or black bear. We will try the ones that have been suggested and hopefully find one that suits our purposes as far as we can determine.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Online Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
Lavilin for me. I can get a week between applications even in 100 degree heat. Its really a good value considering how long one can will last, with an application lasting upwards of a week. Its nice not having white deodorant stains in the arm pits of clothing. Its totally scent free after the first wash. I also prefer the foot formula but both work well. And like was mentioned it kills odor on contact so your body sweats normally doing what it is supposed to.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »
Sure scent free

Offline stickbowhafe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »
arm and hammer or ban. It is pretty easy to find one that is scent free at walmart. I'm sure I've look pretty stupid trying to sniff them all in the deodorant isle. Like I could smell as good as a whitetail anyway!

I like the dead down wind version, but it is sticky and uncomfortable to me if you don't go light with it.

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 07:38:00 AM »
HANDS DOWN it is the Pure & Natural Crystal Deodorant Stone.    :thumbsup:  

This stuff is made from crystallized natural mineral salts. It kills bacteria that causes odor. It is NOT an antiperspirant (no aluminum chlorhydrate to stop up your pores) so you can still sweat. However, you won't smell. It is marketed by Deodorant Stones of America.

www.pureandnaturaldeodorant.com  

I get mine from an independent, locally owned pharmacy. Use it everyday and a 4.25oz stone will last you for years. Trust me on this one......
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
Mennan unscented Speed Stick
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Ric: i like the sound of the mineral stone. I think I will order one and see how it holds up doing summer chores. That's a pretty good test for me because I am a sweater. Just packing my gym bag I start to perspire. A number of the others we can get locally will also get the summer chore test. Thanks again to all who responded. This is the best bowhunting site on the web...great bunch of guys and a few gals.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline djohnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
Arm and Hammer seems to work well.
John 3:16

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Bill -

I meant to add that it works on "smelly feet" too. Just rub it onto your bare feet before you put your socks on.

Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
"Ric O'Shay" turned me on to the Crystal Deoerant stone a couple of years ago. I checked this morning. The container says "Amazing Thai Crystal deoderant stone. Over 10 million sold." Its all natural and contains no Aluminum Chlorhydrate. I've used it daily for two years and it will probably be good for another two years to boot. Well worth the money you'll spend to try it out.   :thumbsup:

Offline AMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
I just ordered a stone, thanks for the thread and the info.

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Here is a link for the lavilin that Brunner sold.

http://www.e-screamingeagle.com/pitstop.htm
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowmania:
I can trump all, including Mitchum, which I use for "catting".  Go to a health store and buy some pure crystal deodorant.  It looks like a cloudy stone.  Get it wet and rub it where ever you perspire.  The second best quality is under 10 bucks and it lasts over 5 years of everyday use.

Bowmania
I won't go to the woods without using it, in fact I use it everyday if I use anything at all.

Works like a champ!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
The crystal deodorant broke me out. "Sure" brand unscented works best for me.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©