3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any Glenn Parker bow experts here?  (Read 201 times)

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Any Glenn Parker bow experts here?
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
I'm looking for info on the late Dr Glenn Parker and bows that he built.

I understand that he built both longbows and recurves.

Does anyone know when Glenn passed, and possibly what year his last bows were built?

I have a Grey Wolf longbow coming and was wondering if his bows had dates on them, or serial numbers that could possibly be used to tell when it was built.

I'd appreciate any info and thoughts on how the bows shoot from folks who own, or have shot the different models he built.

I've searched and found little ino on the man or his bows.

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any Glenn Parker bow experts here?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
Billy, I'm lookin for a G. Parker bow! Do you know we do a shoot in May in his honor? About 400+ trad only shooters! A great time.  If you PM "BillD" he has lots of info. Next year will be are 25th Year! If you decide to let go of the longbow, remember me! Good Luck!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »
"BillD" is the man. Great shoots are well run and Bill Decker makes sure the "Chester Stickbow Round-Up" is well run. Contact Bill. If he can't answer your questions he'll know who can.  :archer2:

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
I had both a longbow and a couple of Glenn's recurves. Very nice bows built by a super guy..
Glenn was truly a fine person and friend.

I can't help with the dates or ss#'s as I don't have the bows in my possession any more.

Glenn was very involved in archery and also had one of the best broadhead collections I've ever seen.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. I'll contact Bill Decker to see if he has any info.

The bow arrived today, and I am very pleased with it. I want to thank (Ghost Dog) Bob Moon for selling me the bow. Bob had it refinished in 2000 by Jeff Massey. Bob never strung the bow after having it refinished. It looks brand new.

There are no serial numbers, nor is there a date on the bow.

The only writing on the bow is the length, draw weight, and Custon Grey Wolf by Glenn parker.

Offline Slambo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »
I recently bought a Glenn Parker custom recurve that is 58# @ 28". Can anyone tell me the recommended brace height and recommended string?

Offline Slambo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
I recently bought a Glenn Parker custom recurve that is 58# @ 28". Can anyone tell me the recommended brace height and recommended string?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©