3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Now is not the time to be thinking of a new BW!!  (Read 565 times)

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Re: Now is not the time to be thinking of a new BW!!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
Thanks L82Hunt... looks like a Tullip wood?
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
Ok maaan you asked for it..read 'em and weep buddy  :bigsmyl:  

She's my first BW...ok

PCH - I think she's a real looker and at 57# @ 28" she's easy to handle too and shoots GREAT.

here's the first shot out of her:

DO YOU WANT MORE..CAN YOU HANDLE IT BUD....just kidding, but you started it...so here's some more.

Leaning against a tree taking a breather...if you look close she is deep breathing it was the first night with her and she was rode hard and put away wet

Here's a pic on my trip through Milwaulkee area at Sherwood forest 3 D range with Rafale and Joe (bowhunting fool)

just put together outside her hideout (BW carrying case - they are AWESOME).

Me shooting at the Ojibiwa club with Joe

her resting in her rack in the Pinzgauer

Can you ahndle some more...I have more..Hmm

Seriuosly bud I know what you are going through and I truly sympathize with you. When I screwed my tendons up last fall and I couldn't shoot for four months it was killing me.

Just do the right stuff...get healed and let me know if you need some $$$ too for your surgery...I am a bit flush right now so I can help out ok.

Hope to meet and shoot with you some day. My last trip out to Ontario for the Skills Competition gave me a look into our gang..some mighty fine ppl out there and we really should organize ONE TRADGANG GET TOGETHER.

I think Milwaulkee would be a central place and we could drive RON JOE and ROBB crazy there.

HA HA HA HA

Jer BEar

Offline sorno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
March 4th I underwent massive rotator cuff arthroscopy, subacromial decompression and an open biceps tenodesis.  Shot a 25# bow for the first time last Thursday.  Pain was the least of my problems, immobilization almost drove me nuts though.  Do what the Doc says, but more importantly, do what your physical therapist tells you to.  I'm still doing physical therapy and I think shooting my little recurve helps.  Best wishes.
S.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 03:18:00 AM »
Cheers for all Jerry.. well done mate, well done! I've love a range like that at home! And that widder is something I've not seen before with the white stripe through it.

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Man, that's terrible Al. I wish you the best.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
Get well soon Al i will be thinking of you brother.

One of the major reasons i order low poundage bows is because i dont want to mess my shoulder up.

I hear a lot of guys saying they wished they wouldn't have shot such heavy bows early on.

Not saying you did that Al but it sure is something to think about.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
Thanks al yes I really like her..just trying to figure out which to use right now...the PCH or the ACS...hard call.

Jer Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©