3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Public Apology to the Surtees Clan  (Read 775 times)

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Public Apology to the Surtees Clan
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
Since the Biggster had a conflict of interest that didn't slow him down in the cake wars(ie his doctor doesn't want him eating sweets!), he worked out a deal with Little D.  Three of the four pound cakes that he owns will be delivered by Little D on his behalf to the local Ronald McDonald House where families can stay while they have critically ill children at the Medical University of South Carolina Children's Hospital.  I wanted Delaney to get a real world feel for what all of this is really about (helping people in need.)  The dollars, gifts and comments from cyberspace aren't easy for a nine year old to totally grasp.  Biggie, as you would guess, stepped right up to the plate.

To steal a phrase from the man himself when he wrote an article in TBM about another bowhunter... "pretty classy, huh?"

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
I love this site.
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Chris Shelton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
man, are we sure this isn't a paternity????  Sure feels like one:), without all the weird pledge stuff, but the brotherhood is definitely here . . .
~Chris Shelton
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"~Ben Franklin

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Chris Shelton:
man, are we sure this isn't a paternity????  Sure feels like one:), without all the weird pledge stuff, but the brotherhood is definitely here . . .
Dude... I hope you mean Fraternity..
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by sunny hill archer:

Dude... I hope you mean Fraternity.. [/b]
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :archer2:  

My wife and I were just discussing how he most likely wanted an "F" there instead of a "P".

We even talked about me coming back with a post that somehow would involve requiring some kind of DNA or paternal testing but came to the resolution that it might be best left out...lol

Thank you for the laugh!!! we truly though it was a hoot!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
Chris,

I'm pretty sure you mean fraternity.  Paternity is a whole different and serious thing.  LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
At least with Paternity you can prove you didn't do it....  LOL

Great thing.. Biggie..!!
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
This fathers day should be interesting...LOl

Biggie to come out and apologize is very big of you.That takes Honor and pride.And the Surtees Clan to accept it the way you did takes the same qualities.   :campfire:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
Ya'll keep doing stuff like this and I don't think I'll ever get to sell a knife.  Big Man...Big Heart  :thumbsup:  

Sometimes the road has a few bumps...but this was one fine Cake Walk...tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
"man, are we sure this isn't a paternity????"

Wow Biggie, I bet the last apology was difficult (cheers BTW), but I cannot wait to see your apology for this situation...

I thought the tradition in the south was shotgun weddings.  Maybe we need the first longbow wedding.

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history........with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns”

:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  What else would we expect from gentlemen. Its what I keep tellin' my sons. GY

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Duckbutt:
Since the Biggster had a conflict of interest that didn't slow him down in the cake wars(ie his doctor doesn't want him eating sweets!), he worked out a deal with Little D.  Three of the four pound cakes that he owns will be delivered by Little D on his behalf to the local Ronald McDonald House where families can stay while they have critically ill children at the Medical University of South Carolina Children's Hospital.  I wanted Delaney to get a real world feel for what all of this is really about (helping people in need.)  The dollars, gifts and comments from cyberspace aren't easy for a nine year old to totally grasp.  Biggie, as you would guess, stepped right up to the plate.

Biggie knows how almost all of us feel... so, Dang, Ducky, you going to have one very, very special young woman on your hands with all this happening at such a tender age.  My hat's off to you and your wife for what appears to be a very powerful parenting partnership. Same to your li'l gal, D, for living it and making a year-long committment  :clapper:  .
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
Nope.  We're just lucky we got this opportunity...you can't force them and they don't come along very often.  Need to make it count and we don't need to get the "big head" when all the generosity really came from folks like Michael, Biggie, Jeff, Tippit et al.

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Duckbutt:

To steal a phrase from the man himself when he wrote an article in TBM about another bowhunter... "pretty classy, huh?"
"pretty classy" indeed.....Biggie, you've got some big shoes (no pun intended), that all of us should strive to fill!  You make everyone proud with your giving spirit.    :notworthy:  

Mr. Cul de Canard........the recent lessons of the spirit of giving will provide far reaching impact on Lil' D. She'll have a wonderful story to tell people in the future about how she, her family, and a bunch of folks with at least one thing in common all came together to try to make a difference in the lives of kids in need.  And it will be a story that will bring smiles to faces and tears to eyes. There will be lessons to be learned from this story that some might not grasp or understand, but that is to be expected.  People are all different and have different values.

I, for one, look forward to hearing her tell that story in the future.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©