3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why did instincts stick to archery?  (Read 330 times)

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why did instincts stick to archery?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »
I think that is exactly why.  You see it and your brain responds.  After is sees it a few times it can duplicate it.  It isn't instinctive in the classical meaning, but you are subconsiously doing all that stuff.  

If you can't see the effect, how do you know you did it right ?  How do you correct ?  it is more difficult I think..  That said, you CAN do it.  Look at the fast draw experts.  I think it is all about learning the game and in ours trajectory is 80% of it.
ChuckC

Offline Earthdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why did instincts stick to archery?
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
Instinctive shooting is "not" instinctive,,instinctive is simply the word that has been incorrectly applied to what some of us do,an that we've become used to and except in the context of which "we" use it.
What we're doing is a a form of aiming that relies on being totaly focused on the spot we want to hit.
Because it's so focused it's not really even subconsious,,,next time some guru tells you he shoots/aims instinctively by focusing or concentrating only on his target,and then claims it's a subconsicous form of aiming,,ask him how he can be acting in both a subconcious and a focused way both at the same time.
Sorry the two don't go hand in hand,because their opersites to one another.
For sure shooting or aiming by focusing soley on our target while ignoring the arrow "or sight" is a very real deal,,,but it's niether instinctive nore is it subconcious.
It's simply an intensely focused form of aiming that is backed up by a lot of ingrained and subconcious action.
One of the reasons we don't do it with things like high powered rifles but we do with shotguns,is a combination of projectile speed in combination with distance.
For a person of average intellegence,it really doesn't take that much to figure out.
Personaly I shot compound instinctively for over 25 years,I had an elevated rest on all my compounds and I was more accurate with them than I typicaly am with my recurves,,,,the difference was speed,,,more speed,,less tradjectory,less error at target.,,,,nothing to do with hand arrow relationship,,,,everything to do with hand/eye coordination.
It's all in the eyes and the bow arm,,,practice and trust both in combination with solid physical form,and the result will always be accurate shooting.
It ain't instinctive,it ain't subconcious aiming,,,,it is focus,,it is practice,,it is form,,it is hand/eye coordination that is reachable by anybody with no more than average abilitys.
Winning or losing is not the important thing,,the important thing is how well you played the game.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©