3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Camping with kids at compton  (Read 322 times)

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
Camping with kids at compton
« on: June 10, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
My son luke 13yrs and daughter leigh 10yrs old want to camp but we wont get thier until around 11:30am on fri. will I still find a spot for a tent? And would any Trad Gang members with children like to get together? My daughter is afraid she's going to be the only girl there.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Camping with kids at compton
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
There are a lot of kids at Comptons in that age group.  You shouldnt have a problem finding a camp spot either.  It is a pretty big place and there is always room for everybody.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »
Thanks Tim.

Offline C Kerley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »
Thump I took my daughter there in '03 when she was 9 yrs old, believing she'd just tag along with me and be happy with the camping.  However, after seeing all the little girls shooting she HAD to have one.  I bought her a bow there and she shot it a thousand times that weekend.  

Move forward to '05 and I ask her where she wants to go on vacation as I offer the FL beach....she says "I want to go back to Michigan and shoot bows".  So off we went and did trip #2...again, a thousand darn arrows.  

Jump forward to '07, this time she decides she's outgrown her little bow, so we borrow a 32#'er from the boys at Black Widow.  I can assure you, that little bow in '03 didn't hit my wallet near as hard as that new Widow did!

Anyhow, that little girl is almost 17 now, and found time in her busy schedule to go with me again next week.  Believe me, that girl of yours is gonna see as many girls flinging arrows as she is little boys....and alot of times those gals out shoot them too!

I'll be there with my girl, my girlfriend, and her daughter (14).  If your girl wants to shoot with girls, she is more than welcome to shoot with our girls.  I really believe though as many kids as there are there, she'll have a blast just doing her thing.

Offline C Kerley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:03:00 AM »
Oh, and your camping question...you'll get a camp spot, but you might want to consider a sun shade of some sort.  The camping in the perimeter shade is usually taken by then.  

I don't know how to describe where I camp, but as you're walking from the vendor area to the camp, I've always been on the left woods line.  I'll have my green '00 Durango parked nearby (with MO plates), and those girls make smores every night!

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
I'll be there with two 10yr. old girls. Lots of fun.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
I'll swing by for one of those smores.  LOL
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline mickeys4

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »
Here is a link to my pics last year.The shots of the camping area will give you an idea of the spaciousness.Bring your own shade!Great time for all.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/573265999kDQRyU
"The longbow is the reason we don't speak French today,"

Offline tkytrac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »
My daughter always went to the shoots w/ me.  A social butterfly and pretty decent shot in her own right.  She's now 23.  This wk when we met for dinner I told her that next wk I'd be at Compton......Wow what a flood of memories that brought back to her.  The GLLI and Compton shoots were never to be missed. Someday she'll return. In short, don't leave her behind. She will have the opportunity to create a life time memory that can only be surpassed by next years camp.  Bring her by for the music around the campfire, making a necklace or cooking. She will thank you someday. Maybe sooner than later..........
Charter Member of Compton Traditonal Bowhunters
Recording Secretary for Michigan Longbow Association
Associate Editor of MLA's STICKTALK Magazine

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
Bring them by our booth and I will introduce them to my daughter. She has been going to Compton 10yrs now.  Jim Pyles

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you and Teresa. Your post reminded me to bring the mesquite for you to use on your knives.

Jon

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
Thump make sure you take Floyd up on his invite to his fire. The kids will have a blast.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
I will be there with my 9 yr old daughter and the rest of my family.

If your daughter is looking for someone to chum around with, she will find my daughter in short order.

Our first time to Comptons, and we will be staying at a motel. Maybe next year we will camp.
I just need to learn the ropes and know what to expect.

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »
Thanks every one for your replies and invites.My daughter has been reading your replies and she is pretty excited

Offline Todd Greenwald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 12:55:00 AM »
My 5 yr old is pumped about going.  She has been shooting with me for 3 weeks straight. However we are not going to camp, our home is a little over 1 hour away.
Michigan Longbow Association
USMC 1992-2000

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Jon  Looking forward to seeing you. Will your wife be there? Teresa would like to learn more about Chess from her.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©