3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Brace height for a Bear Montana  (Read 218 times)

Offline Wildschwein

• Trad Bowhunter
Brace height for a Bear Montana
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
Just bought a 50# Montana today and really enjoy it. Still new to this whole archery thing and I was wondering is there a recommended range for the brace hieght? I am shooting it at 7.25 right now, and there is pretty much no twist in the string. Is that a bad thing? Arrow flight is excellent.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Brace height for a Bear Montana
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »
Brace sounds about right, especially if its shooting good for you. If you string is an endless loop (serving at the loop ends) then no twist is fine. If its a Flemish twist (rope looking spliced loops with no serving) then it should have about one twist per inch to keep it from unwinding the loops.

Offline Wildschwein

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
It is an endless loop according to your description. Thanks for the reply, gotta get back to shooting.  :)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 07:22:00 AM »
I run mine a bit higher brace than that,but if your getting good flight and it's working for you leave it be!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©