3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New 3 pc 58" ACS teaser  (Read 619 times)

Online Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
New 3 pc 58" ACS teaser
« on: June 12, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
Got my new shorty yesterday. I got out to fling a few arrows but not much testing yet. It does everything ACS said it would do. Ive always wanted a short longbow, and everyone I tried failed me in the draw. I guess I was expecting too much ever since getting spoiled with the draw of my 66" ACS.

My first ACS had the standard riser. I got a chance to shoot the RC, and became hooked on the feel. A few months later I purchased a complete RC. I finally decided to sell my standard riser, and purchased another RC riser. This one made my 62" limbs into a 64" bow. I ordered one of the new SBD performance strings and WOW. I was shooting my 64" without silencers and immediately noticed the speed difference. Did I mention quiet as a whisper. I cant imagine doing much better with silencers. The boys at A&H really have their act together. When they say something works, Boy does it ever.

Now to the shorty. She is a looker in Zircote with Osage stripe. Second I noticed the wider limbs and lighter limbs. The strung shape is a bit different, but expected from such a short bow. After stringing her up and letting a few loose, I noticed that its a little nosier than the 64" with new string. But keep in mind I have the standard string on the shorty. Groups right where I look, and draws OH MY GOD, just like my 64". I cant believe it. FINALLY a short bow that draws like my longbow. You gotta hand it the the guys at A&H. They have a winner here.

FYI, I draw to 28"
66" 50@28"
64" 39@28"
58" 45@28"

With the Zebra 64" for comparison.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Online Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New 3 pc 58" ACS teaser
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »

This little guy likes it as much as I do.

Online Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
More to follow as I get to play more. Gotta go for now.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
Nice!  RC grip?  I hope they have one at Compton!
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
I love the dark wood with the Osage! Always wanted one like that.

Congrats on some beautiful bows!

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
I know I have the 56" and it shoots amazing. It still has a bit of a twang in the string and I will fix it at somepoint but it's funny you can't here it on camera or from a distance ..it's just something that you feel when you shoot it.

Another thing I have to figure out is how to string it with a stringer...might need one that uses the limb instead of the tip.

Being so short and the finish is real nice but real smooth too I just about gotter the other day stringing her when the stringer they sent with it slipped off (the angle is pretty severe on this bow when stringing her.

All in all though I am happy with the 56" and Your bow looks awesome. They shoot shoot fast and hard and accurate.

Jer Bear

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Are the limbs interchangable on both risers?

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »
Good lookin' bows!

I really like the 58"er
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
We need more details !!!  :archer2:
NO matter where you go there you  are !

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
I have a 58" on 14" riser and a 66" on the 18" Apogy Riser. By switching limbs I can shoot the 14" as a 62" using the longer limbs. I like all length riser and limb combinations,  but the 66" shoots best.
John

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
nice collection
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
Sweet bows  ;)

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
What the longest draw length you can shoot with a 58in ACS?
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline jesse cales

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
sweet!  :thumbsup:

Offline Grantumu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
The short riser with osage is great.

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
awesome wood combo! i like the strung profile better on the 58"er, nice lines. the riser shape is cool!

Online Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. Ive been working long hours in preparation of the new Cadets coming to West Point. 7 days a week is getting old, but I'll have a day off soon. Will post more then.

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 07:26:00 AM »
Joe, I'd say that with the 58" bow it will comfortably draw to 28".  It will go beyond that another inch or so before stacking but just as with any short bow at longer draw lengths,  excessive finger pinch can become a problem.

The sight window on the new 12" riser is the same length as on the 14" riser.

The limbs are not interchangeable with any of the other risers.  We explain why that is on our website so I won't go into too many details here.   Suffice to say that in order to make either a 56"-58" or a 60"-62" 3PTD bow that meets our energy storage goals and still shoots well the limbs and risers had to be purpose-designed to match with one another for that specific length.  In fact, the 12" riser for the 56"-58" bow is a different design (as are the 56"-58" limbs) than the 12" riser and 60"-62" limbs for the 60"-62" bow.  That's why they don't interchange with one another and why they don't fit onto any of our longer risers.

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jerry Wald:
I know I have the 56" and it shoots amazing. It still has a bit of a twang in the string and I will fix it at somepoint but it's funny you can't here it on camera or from a distance ..it's just something that you feel when you shoot it.

Another thing I have to figure out is how to string it with a stringer...might need one that uses the limb instead of the tip.

Being so short and the finish is real nice but real smooth too I just about gotter the other day stringing her when the stringer they sent with it slipped off (the angle is pretty severe on this bow when stringing her.

All in all though I am happy with the 56" and Your bow looks awesome. They shoot shoot fast and hard and accurate.

Jer Bear
Jer Bear,

You'll want to be careful using a limb stringer like the Selway stringer.  The rubber limb piece for the upper limb has a tendency to slip off the side of the limb at the most inopportune times.  I didn't have a problem in daylight, but on a trip to IL we went to the woods in a Conservation area before sunrise and left after dark.  Our bows had to be "disabled" until we got to our parking place or left the Conservation area.  In the dark I had it slip off the side 2 or 3 times at the point I was about to get it fully strung.  The end result was a near dry fire condition.  After the last instance I took it back to where we were staying, disassembled it and put it in the bow case.  I took out my Crow Creek Black Feather longbow, assembled it and took it to the woods for the balance of the trip.  I didn't have a single experience of it sliding off the the limb of the Black Feather in 5 days of hunting.

Bill

PS I sold the ACS as soon as I got back home.  The difference in performance between the two bows wasn't significant enough for me to deal with the frustration of stringing the ACS and wondering if I was going to blow it up.
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
Beautiful. That would be the one I would go with.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©