3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: workshops for novices  (Read 204 times)

Offline wolfshadow

• Trad Bowhunter
workshops for novices
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
Gang,
As a novice bow-builder, I'm looking for a workshop or jamboree to attend where I can get some information and help on making bows.   I've made and shot one selfbow, got two on the bench.  Now I know enough to ask some intelligent questions.  I live in Arkansas, so a surrounding state would be ideal.  Any suggestions?

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: workshops for novices
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »
Do a search for MOJAM in Marshall MO.

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
Look on Horne bows website .They have workshops pretty regular.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
I can and will vouch for the MoBoJam in Marshall. WE've had folks come from as far away as Germany, Australia, and even Arkansas so you'd be more than welcome.

We do advise those coming from your way to bring any shoes you might own with you and cross over the state line after dark....lol J/K

It's like a huge family get together that pretty much goes 24/3 with all things archery and food related..lol

Bringing something to trade might be a helpful suggestion because in some camps they don't deal with anything as dirty as cash money.

I think this years might be the 12 annual and its always held the 3rd weekend in July as that the coolest weekend of that month.

I hope to see you there, please drop into "Muddville" if you make it and you might run into the mayor(Butch) or a couple of other common criminal types like Loyd or Retard II...lol

I can't guarantee you'll get a HDFH but there are plenty of other camps that have been know to feed us strays..lol

God bless,Mudd

PS I will say if you come with the right mindset, you can walk away in the end with a bow that shoots made by your own hand.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
6 hours 39 minutes from Searcy to Marshall 331 miles according to Google maps. 4 hours 46 minutes 241 miles from Iowa City to Marshall and I make the trip most years - well worth the effort.

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »
Mudd, I resent, er... resemble, that remark about the shoes.  I learned several years ago that there's not much difference between Ark and Mo.  In fact, I've hunted in several states from Idaho to Texas and there's not a lot of differences in any of the states as far as hunters that I have come across.  Even still, I can take a good ribbin.  

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
LOL. i gotta laugh cause im from ark. and when i do go in the woods i prefer to be barefoot. no joke.
i live in sullivan Mo and was thinking about going this year. have always wanted to. only heard goods things about it.

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
Shawn, what part of Ar. are you from?  A buddy of mine from Hector has the last name Rackley.

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
I lived in the northeast side. little spot called pocahontas. all my family still live there. i talked to my mom earlier and she was in conway lol. i dont know anybody in hector.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©