3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 7tH Age Bowhunting Now Booking "Texas"  (Read 733 times)

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 7tH Age Bowhunting Now Booking "Texas"
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »
I have only hunted the new place once. I cannot comment on the Javies as I did not pursue them at all. I like big trophy hogs and this place has it's fair share of them. As always big trophy hogs are smart and have to be hunted like any trophy whitetail. I'll be back after them again in Feb or March.
hunt it

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »
Curtis,

Thanks for the email.. I will call you this afternoon.. I have at least one other trad Javelina chaser already committed on coming with me.. We may get more..!

JDSIII
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline stick_string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
Hey John3,
Are you getting a group together?  When yall going?  PM me if you would as I may be interested.

Ben
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Ember Longbow and Brack Drifter

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
David, Them some nice Hogs and That jackalope looks like a nice size scooby snack.

Offline DHR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
Great to see you back on here curtis, hopin' to make it down for a hunt next year.

Dan
Because hunting is a deep and permanent yearning in the human condition, there is a chronic fury in all people to whom it is denied.- Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline stykshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Sounds good, email you soon

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
Hey Curtis,  I'll be moving to Fredericksburg in aug.  I'll give you a call......

Mark
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline gudspelr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
Thanks for the response-John III also sent me a pm with a little info.  Don't think I'll be able to do a hunt in the next year, but will certainly keep you in mind for the future.  Never been to TX and I think that'd sure make for a fun road trip  :) .

Jeremy
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
- William Morris

Craftsmen strive to make their products both.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
Being a semi-retired storyteller, I couldn't resist making a big production out of my trip with Curtis last year.  For a multi-page description of the whole adventure, from signup, building of a bow suitable for me to hunt with, travel and a day by day report:

http://oldpharttsarchery.com/shooting-adventures/bigbadwolf/bigbadwolf.html

The adventure of my young life and I'll be heading back as soon as Curtis tells me when to be where

Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
Thanks for bringing a smile to my face fella's! It's so good to see so many old friends remind me through pictures of the great times we've shared! I really look forward to seeing all you again this year.

Dick, I'm still real proud of you in your accomplishment-the javelina.

Dan, I'd be disappointed to thing we wouldn't be riding around again this year chasing hogs and sharing some great conversation.

John, I'll stay close to a phone.

Stinson, Thanks for the photo's. You've become quite the hog hunter after all these years. Even if you do break all the hog hunting rules.  :readit:    :bigsmyl:   It's always a pleasure to share camp with you!

Mark, Call me. I didn't get PM's for over a month. I returned yours yesterday! Can't wait to chat with you! CK

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
Looking forward to getting back wth you Curtis ol' buddy!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by hunt it:
I have only hunted the new place once. I cannot comment on the Javies as I did not pursue them at all.  
I only hunted the ranch once and I was up to my eyeballs in javelinas. One big boar kept trying to get into the blind with me. All weekend, packs of javis kept showing up like stray cats looking for food.

The only problem was that they weren't in season when I was there...stupid calendar!

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Rob, I'm glad I'll be seeing you again soon. I've somehow developed a longing for the glittery flash of facial piercings contrasted against several square feet of inky skin art.  :saywhat:    :bigsmyl:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
CK, what would be the best time to come and hunt Hogs & Javies? I have never taken a Javie and would like to.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
I like to hunt hogs at night during the full moons of the summer months myself. Hogs are mostly nocturnal by nature and hunting them at night is hunting them when they want to be out and feeding. It also adds an element of adventure and adrenaline to be crawling, inching along the groung, closing the gap on a feeding boar in the light of moon. I guarantee you'll know where your heart is no matter how many hogs you've already killed.

Generally January and February anre my most sought after months. I do about 90% of my annual business then. Javelina season is open in the western end of the state so if you are wanting both species you may book then. Javelina season opens in October but I'm am now scheduled to be wrangling and guiding in Colorado at that time. Call me for any details. I'm always to answer questions about hunts. Thanks again for all the interest

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
Looking forward to the 2011 Sweat CK. Put me back in the Bull Pen for another try.
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
Curtis, my friend you started something when you put me on my first hog with an arrow. I'd shot many all over with guns but nothing beats the thrill of arrowing a big hog from 8ft out. As for rules  :readit:  I never did follow them much as a kid. My theory is outsmart em and be quiet and it's worked so far. That first hog was many many hogs ago and I'm sure glad to have attended that first (for me) Texas Sweat way back. Each year I look forward to the annual pilgrimage south to Texas. Many great friendships have formed over the years and it is wonderful to share camp with likeminded great folks.
hunt it

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
What do You have booked so far in Jan/Feb. Might even do 2 hunts, One in Dec then again in Jan or Feb.

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
I second what Curtis said about night hunting for hogs , nothing more exciting in the hunting world, just sitting in the dark and listening to all the movement as the moon rises over the tops of the trees , the sound of hogs fighting amoungst themselves as they move closer to where you are sitting on the ground , a coyote howls in the distance, an armadillo moves past your leg and a possum scampers by in his quest for who knows what.
Then the next morning you find Mt. lion tracks on the dirt road behind where you were hunting , you were not alone hunting for meat this night.
Curtis is the best at walking Javelina in all of west Texas(long story , another time).
Jesse and I look forward to sharing more hunts with you Curtis.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »
Thanx Ted, Your really push me here Bro... When You coming to Tejas Ted? Might have to book that same week(end).

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©