3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Samick Rival  (Read 396 times)

Offline deertraks

• Trad Bowhunter
Samick Rival
« on: May 06, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »
I'm looking at a Samick Rival to start shooting traditional. What do you guys think of this bow?  I know I need to start somewhere with low poundage. This bow is a 40@28" and I'm a 30" draw with a compound.
I know what I've looked at on here and what I really would like to have is a custom take down longbow. Can you tell me the pros and cons between a longbow and recurve? I have an old neck injury that flares up when I shoot a bow with some forward jump to it. I read about these bows that have no hand shock. Is this what I need?
Dave
Dave
Phil. 2:6-11

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Samick Rival
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
Look for a used bow onthe classifieds, you will probably draw 28-29"s with a trad bow so look for something around 40-45#s and a recurve at least 60"s long and an LB that is at least 62"s long. If ya want to be pretty sure ya get no hand shock go with a recurve to start as they are more likely to be shock free. Ya can ppick up some nicce bows for around 200-250 bucks in the used bow classifieds. Shawn
Shawn

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
what he said I drew 29 1/2 with my compound  and only draw 27 3/4 with my longbow

but I would start with a 40-45 lb bow and probably a recurve just because the high wrist grip is similar to a wheelie bow anyway  jmot
St. Joe River Bows

Offline deertraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
Thanks Shawn, I check daily and see some I really like, but most are too much weight. I think a deflex riser would be easier to shoot. I see these Morrisons, Bob Lee and some of these other custom takedowns and think if I could get some light limbs.  :help:  I know I should start out easy, but man these bows are nice. I'll just keep looking.
Dave
Phil. 2:6-11

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©