3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any word from O. L. Adcock  (Read 517 times)

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Any word from O. L. Adcock
« on: June 15, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
I sent O.L. a check last april and he told me he would have my bow done by September 2010.

I have called several times and i have been unable to get in touch with him, so i was wondering if any of you guys have spoken to him recently.

Also do any of you have his email address, i try to connect with it on my computer and for some reason it want let me.

Im not a wizz with computers and it keeps telling me i need to do this and that so if someone could PM his email to me i sure would appreciate it.

Thanks
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any word from O. L. Adcock
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
The last I heard from Ol was a post I saw on another site a few months ago. He said he had some health and family issues. He was also catching up on bow orders for some people still on his list. I assume that health, family issues, catching up on orders and the Alaska Bowhunter Supply bow are occupying his time.

This was the email address listed on his web site.

[email protected]  

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Glad to see that I am not the only one who is unable to get hold of O.L.  In the past he always returned e-mails in a timely manner - not now.

Here is another e-mail that I have for him:      [email protected]

I have sent several to him at that addy and not had them bounce back to me.

Let me know if you contact him.

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Guys He contacted me earlier this year and said I was still on "the list" and could expect my bow but he was dealing with some family stuff and said he would be back on top and  running shortly. Great guy OL is. Andrew

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
MountainTool21 -

Did you intiate contact with O.L.?  If not you should consider yourself lucky if O.L. contacted you.

I have had my deposit in with him since April of 2002 had he has never intiated any communication with me.

Some may call me foolish for waiting around so  long. BUT I am determined to make him honor his word and build me a bow.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
I thought I was a pretty kind, patient, and understanding customer, but you guys should get a bloody medal.  I would have called up A&H a LONG time ago!

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
I figure I have wasted a lot more money than my deposit with O.L. and only ended up with a headache, stomach ache, and the endless need for urination.  :bigsmyl:  

A man is only as good as his word.  O.L. has told me via e-mail (I have kept them all) that he is going to honor his word - I will wait and see.  If I lose my money that is much less of a loss than what is lost when not when not honoring your word.

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
honor?? just an opinion here...but to me the honorable thing to do would be send a poor guy his deposit back after waiting since 2002. 8 yrs?? you guys have a lot more patients than me.

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »
He has offered to send back the deposit, but said he would build the bow.  I am waiting for the bow.

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
Man, I couldn't even begin to fathom an 8 year wait. I'm waiting a week and a half for my Lost Creek and it's killing me. To me, if the guy can't build you a bow in 8 years, he can't have a whole lot of honor, JMO.

If you do ever get it though, it better be one damn good bow.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
8 Years..... gezzz.... I left the Army, bought a house, worked in Iraq and the 'Ghan as a security operator and done a lot of hunting in that time....

Best of luck to you, I've also put you in for a medal, with clasp.

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Mike Theis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »
I had a couple of different taxidermists make me wait 3 years for mounts, and I thought that was a little long. 8 years is an eternity waiting for a bow to arrive. Kudos to you. Hope things work out for all of you and this troubled bowyer.
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
I sent back a bow to OL, the last email I received from him was Sept 22, 2009.  He was going to refund me some money, hasn't happened yet.
ALDO
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Rick Wiltshire:
MountainTool21 -

I have had my deposit in with him since April of 2002 had he has never intiated any communication with me.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!  UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!     :mad:   :scared:      :mad:      :scared:      :mad:      :scared:   :mad:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
JoeVan,

I don't think you should count on hunting with an Adcock this September.  Did he KNOW you were going to send him a check???  I'm trying to give him every benefit of the doubt.

One of my New Years resolution was to find out about my replacement set of limbs.  I called every business day for 2 weeks - once a day.  Then three times a day for just short of 2 weeks before I got an email answer.  I tried to be polite and only call during business hours.  I was told he takes care of a family member during most of the day.  He has my riser.  I have my extra set of limbs and I'd be very surprise if I got my riser and replacement limbs for this season.  If you get a bow by September, I'm not the only person who would like to know about it.

Steve O,

I don't think you should mention A&H in the same sentence as OL (I know not really the same sentence).  For the unknowing, it could look like they have something to do with each other.  We're really looking at the extreme ends of customer service.  Most of us know you didn't mean that.

I still believe OL will fill his orders, but that check sure gives me for doubt.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
I can't believe anyone would even attempt to defend this, let alone excuse it.

8 years??

Family issues??

Health issues??

Unless he had "death issues" (his own) he should either send the bow or a refund.  That would be the only valid reason for any of this.

Nothing but a common crook in my opinion.

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Wow, and I've pounding my head off the wall waiting for 6 weeks now!  I couldn't even imagine.....
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
I've been waiting over two years for Mr Adcock for a replacement bow to the one of his that failed. Not a peep in all that time. I have given up hope that it will ever happen.
Make a life, not a living

Offline Black Max

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
Well, he sure spent a lot of time on the web sites posting during that time trying to claim fame by *reinventing* archery, and spent a lot of time chasing flight shooting records, and even named a feather cut after himself.  I think think he's spent more time trying to be famous than fulfill his business obligations.  You should have seen the thread on the other site a while back as there are some very upset people.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
You know all the things im hearing i have been hearing for a while now.

I went ahead and ordered a ACS from A@H and if i get my Adcock bow this fall then that will be great.

I have just heard way to many stories of guys waiting for years for there bow. He told me i could get my deposit back at any time, so if he doesn't have my bow finished by the fall thats when i will try to get back my deposit.

Im not going to hold my breath if someone has been waiting 8 yrs and still doesn't have there bow. Even if i get my bow what kind of costumer service will i get.

Im not bashing O.L. im just stating the facts and i really hope he builds me a bow. I hear he makes a great bow.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©