3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any word from O. L. Adcock  (Read 516 times)

Offline Black Max

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any word from O. L. Adcock
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
"I hear he makes a great bow."

No, he made a decent bow.  Like someone else said, A&H should not be even mentioned along with OL.  It does the a great disservice to A&H.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
For those that are having problems with Adcock. call the BBB and the Local police & The DA's office in the Town/city he lives in/ Works out of...

What He is doing is illegal. Once those people talk with him, You'll get Your bows or Your money back.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
After a 4 year wait for one of his bows and a failure to communicate, I ordered one of A&H bows...which are great.  However, I could never bond with the bow because of the connection to Adcock and sold it.

It seems he should be listed with those other peckerwoods who have shafted folks on here.

If it had not been for all the stories told on the other site, folks would still be wondering what happened to him.
Lon Scott

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
I would like to know how many people have sent him money and never recieved there bow or got there deposit back.

When i spoke to him he did say that he didn't build many bows anymore and he also told me he would appreciate it if i wouldn't call him all the time checking to see when my bow would be done.

So 14 months later i have called him a number of times just to check and see if he would have my bow done by this fall like he said he would.

Im not mad or anything i just want to know if he will be able to have the bow done by hunting season and if not i would like to have my deposit back. He said i could get it back at any time and he would happily return it if thats what i wanted.

I have a few bows due in the next few weeks and i could use that $200.00 to pay on some of these other bows.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
OL needs to ante' up and refund everyone's money as far as I am concerned...and you are correct, A&H should not be mentioned in the same paragraph, as they stand behind their bows, bow orders, and reputation...obviously OL has some issues....  :eek:
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
Until i talk to O.L. im going to give him a chance to make good on his word, now if i could just get in touch with him.  :banghead:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by mysticguido:
For those that are having problems with Adcock. call the BBB and the Local police & The DA's office in the Town/city he lives in/ Works out of...

What He is doing is illegal. Once those people talk with him, You'll get Your bows or Your money back.
This is what I would be doing. I just don't understand wanting to make him do good by his word. I'd take my money and run. He may really have some family issues or something, but then he should return all of his deposits to his customers.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
Wow...

Of the things written, I can surely undertand why anyone would be angry...!

I've not talked to OL in a long, long time. All I can say is that those who do know him well that I happen to also know, say he's a pretty stand up guy.

I do know many years ago, I ran amuck of the same thing...and he refunded my entire deposit.

He has had a very sick parent. He's been an incredibly loyal son in that he's bent over backward for them...put his own life on hold to be a major care-giver.

I have been thrust into much less of that with my own Dad more recently, I guess Im a bit more sensitive to his situation.  It can be a heavy drain...and I'm not doing what I heard he is...

It was posted here not long ago about his parent situation by someone who knows him... Yes? I'm sure I read of it...

Nothing exhonerates no communication, or refund of funds... but...

...I hope each of you will find that OL comes through before all is said and done. You as a customer deserve it, and what I hear of OL from others would suggest he would be of that mind.

Peace out.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Pretty sure some of the comments here don't know what they're talking about.  AND maybe it's me after this next statement.  AS FAR AS I KNOW IF YOU WANTED YOUR DEPOSIT BACK YOU GOT IT BACK.  If you sat on the waiting list for 8 years you didn't ask for your deposit.

It's the replacement guys that are in a bind.  AND I know JoeVan doesn't want to hear this, but we should all get our replacements before you get a bow.  I'm pretty sure I have 2200 bucks stuck in a Pierce Point riser and two sets of limbs.  I have one set of limbs and no riser.  He's using it to "build replacement limbs."

Anybody think I'm off on my reasoning I'd like to know why!!!

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
Yeah, after reading I was probably a bit in the wrong for saying he was a scammer and crook, because I guess you "could" get your money back if you tried.

But I still think that waiting 8 years is absolutely rediculous (no offense). I just cannot see waiting that long to make a man honor his word.

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
Bowmania -

Perhaps prior to stating "If you sat on the waiting list for 8 years you didn't ask for your deposit." you should have read my earlier post where I stated "He has offered to send back the deposit, but said he would build the bow. I am waiting for the bow."

Careful reading of prior post would seem to be advised.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
Bowmania,

I mentioned A&H assuming these poor guys that have to have an O.L. Adcock bow are looking for the A.C.S. cross section.  This you can get from A&H  immediately if not sooner!  No fuss, no smoke and mirrors, no pi$$ poor communication, and no excuses!  LOTS of better choices in bowyers out there and Larry and John are at the very top of my heap--and I am not a guy that needs the ACS advantage, nor own or plan to own an A&H.  However, I have been set up next to them at shows, have watched and listened to how they deal with customers, and am ALWAYS impressed.  To do the work they do, and do the R&D they do to stay on the cutting edge, and to deal with the public like they do, you have to be impressed   :thumbsup:  

If somebody has my money for 8 years, I am getting a house or LARGE piece of property out of the deal...

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
It's difficult to get a deposit back when he cannot be contacted...and yes, he still has my deposit and I have no bow, nor do I want any bow he makes.  

I have just written this off as a loss, but a gain in experience.
Lon Scott

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
There could be no bow on earth worth waiting 8 years for, sorry.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
It is not the bow - it is the principle of the matter.

Isn't it nice that none of us are required to do what others propose as proper and acceptable?

The facts in every situation are different and no one truely knows the facts other than the main players - everything else is conjecture and speculation.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
hell in 8yrs you could have learned to have built it yourself.same bow an all

Offline Mike Hutchison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »
Just my 2 cents worth in this discussion - after shooting both "brands" of ACS bows over the past few years, the advice to go with A&H and forget the other is well founded, lost deposit or not.  There is definitely a better product, imho, in the A&H bow.

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
Glad I did not jump on that bandwagon......
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline newell38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by michaelschwister:
Glad I did not jump on that bandwagon......
amen!
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Offline Mohawkbows

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
Rick, you are a man of conviction in a world full of compromise.....hang in there buddy!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©