3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Favorite bow quiver  (Read 752 times)

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Favorite bow quiver
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2010, 11:13:00 PM »
I've been using a Great Northern strap on for at least 15 years. I started with the original 4 arrow longbow model and now use a 5 arrow adjustable. I have a new spare, altho my regular one seems like it's gonna outlast me.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Eric Sprick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
For me Selway if you leave 'em on and what I use now is the 4-arrow Mini-Boa, solid and lightweight.  Eric.

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
After getting my second one I've decided its Eagles Flight.I have a 3 arrow with the jumbo hood and a 4 arrow with a jumbo 2 hood.They fit my 2 blade Muzzy Phantoms with no problem.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
Eagle Flight provides a great product and even better customer service. Don also donated two custom made quivers for the recent St. Jude auction. For my money Eagle Flight is hard to beat.  :thumbsup:

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
Sorry about the double post.   :banghead:

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
I like the Kanati on my heavier riser bows, like a Martin Hunter. I like the zip tie Skookum ones for the petite ones, like Great Northern.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by Diamond Paul:
Eagle's Flight strap on 4-arrow with snakeskin; quiet, easy to put on and off, holds arrows securely, and looks good.  Not overly heavy, either.
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 11:57:00 PM »
I've been using the same Great Northern for eight years now. I've tried other bow quivers in that time, but still haven't found anything I like better.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
Just get what ever strikes your fancy.  :archer:  You'll be gettin' another one shortly anyway.  One is never enough....  :dunno:

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
joekeith you got to see mine, maybe you'd be so kind as to give your impression.. be honest please. I can take it...lol

God bless,Mudd YHS
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Randy Koleno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
I used to use the Great Northern strap0on quiver and liked it very much. Now, when I do use a bow quiver it's an Eagle-Flite 3 arrow model.

Offline scbowhnter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »
I really like my Eagles Flight but I would prefer a 5 arrow model.
CJ

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by joekeith:
Just get what ever strikes your fancy.   :archer:   You'll be gettin' another one shortly anyway.  One is never enough....   :dunno:  
My wife always askes me "How many quivers does a guy need" - haven't found out yet

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
SCBowhunter, we make a number of items that aren't on our website yet including several different 5 arrow models, some stitched enlay patterns, and our new "Wing" bracket.

The "Wing" bracket is an alternate to our extension bracket. It's actually built to the talon grip assembly and adds even more stability to the system. It sets the arrow gripper back about 3" from where the talon grip is anchored. Now you can purchase the Eagle's Flight Archery bow quivers with or without the "Wing" I have been testing them and sold a few but haven't taken any photos yet.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
Looks like the offset design of the Kanati Angle has worked well for you guys. It is a trend setter and likely to be imitated but never duplicated. We are incorporating the new Kanati Slim Jim to the popular Kanati Angle. I hope to see them pop from the presses in another week. Thanks guys for all of your support!!!!

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
Great Northern strap-on for one piece bows. Great Northern QD for takedown bows.

Bisch

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2010, 02:00:00 AM »
Roy.....Oh THAT quiver  :knothead:  a little heavy for that.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2010, 02:04:00 AM »
Roy.....Oh THAT quiver  :knothead:  a little heavy for that.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2010, 05:13:00 AM »
"How many quivers does a guy need?"  -  Just one more.. Same as the bows ..and arrows..and.., well, you know.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
At Eagle's Flight Archery we try to work with our traditional archery friends to find better ways to make equipment that fit their needs. We started with a three arrow quiver and then a four arrow quiver called the "Mini" and the "Maxi".
After that came the "Cherokee", the "Navajo", and the "Apache". Since then we have added larger sizes and a variety of attachment system including limb wrap, limb bolt, and side mount, usually at the request of many of you.

Several years ago we worked with several variations of set back designs with powder coated or anodized flat metal, but didn't like the "Rambo" look of them nor the extra weight. Instead we opt to go with an "extension" bracket and a "Totem" shaft which is smaller, camoed, and which tends to be more concealed in the middle of the arrows. Recently we completed the "Wing" which does the same thing as our 4" extension, but is built into the "Talon" grip.

Our motto is "Travel Light With Eagle's Flight". We go all out to balance between premium quality and light weight. We use whatever technology is necessary but we want to build our traditional equipment in a trad shop, not a machine shop.

Our 3 arrow "Mini" still weighs in around 3.2 ounces, and is rock solid on the bow. Our 4 arrow quivers weigh less than 6 ounces. We offer more choices of designs, sizes, attachment systems, etc. then anyone else.  
  :archer2:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©