3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thunderstick Moab/Mag differences/pics?  (Read 205 times)

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
Thunderstick Moab/Mag differences/pics?
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
Howdy,  anyone have the Thunderstick Moab and Mag, could you please articulate the differences?  Would also like to see profile photos of both bows next to each other.  

Just from the little bit of info gleaned from the search function it looks like the Mag has slightly less reflex in the limbs, and may have a tad shorter riser, with a longer working limb.

So if you own or have shot either the Moab, Mag and especially both please feel free ti interject your opinion on these 2 bows and any differences even if subtle.

Offline Dusty Nethery

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thunderstick Moab/Mag differences/pics?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Lamey,

I posted a similar question regarding the MOAB vs. the Thunder Stick III just a couple of days ago.

The best advice I received was to contact Jim directly (his number is listed on his website) to get the info straight from the horse's mouth.

Dusty

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
Hi Dusty,  ive talked to Jim,  but there arent good photos on his web site.  Im looking for some shooting differences,  figured there is some one here who owns both and can give a synopsis.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
It has been a while for me with the mag, but I don't think it had as much semi-recurve at the ends of the limbs when strung  The mag is designed to be shorter.  I think the riser is shorter.  I could be wrong.  It has just been too long since I had both side by side.  I know I liked the MOAB better.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Thanks xtreme,  im in the process of buying a used Mag,  and been talking to Jim about a Moab.  Seeing them next to each other would say alot, just havent seen alot of mag photos.  

The visible difference would be the longer, more gradual working limb of the mag, and the more pronounced "reflex" and slightly shorther working limb of the Moab.

Just really curious of real world comparison between the two.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
Here is a pic of one for sale.   http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=038769

You can see strung and unstrung.  On the Thunderstick site you can see both bows unstrung.  I can maybe find a strung MOAB pic.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
yeah thats the one headed to my house.  Actually the best photos ive seen of a mag.  Ive seen and studied a bunch of Moab pics,  so thats the basis of my knowledge between the 2 (along with a few conversations with Jim).

Looking fwd. to shooting the mag, and at some point finalizing my moab order... or finding a good deal on a used one!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©