3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Long Weekend goats  (Read 402 times)

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
Long Weekend goats
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:50:00 AM »
Headed away for our long weekend ove here in Oz with my good mate Luke and my Dad. We were chasing goats this trip and I was keen to get some meat in the freezer and a nice skin to make a back quiver for my 3 year old son. I took this nice young blue nanny for the skin with a heart shot at about 15m

Luke took his first billy with Trad gear after a great shot from about 18m. We took the meat and skin off this one as well.

I was shooting my Jim Jones Firefly with Carbon Express Heratige 250's tipped with Blackstump broadheads and Luke was shooting his Tolke Whip, GT shafts and Outback Shikari heads.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Long Weekend goats
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 03:07:00 AM »
Nice,congrats guys;you have a lot of fun there.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 04:31:00 AM »
Well-done!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline piggy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 04:57:00 AM »
Sound like a great weekend away, well done on some fine goats and some meat in the freezer

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 05:57:00 AM »
Nice job   :archer2:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »
Great job!!
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »
good stuff brother...wish i could have been there but next time eh . we'll go  and get some rabbits soon eh ... Can't let you and Luke have all the fun!!!
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 06:41:00 AM »
Whoa! How cool is that? Way!! I'm saying!!

Thank you for sharing those with us, they're great pics.

I wish we had some goat around my neck of the woods to hunt. I just love the taste of good goat BBQ.

I found out the hard way how much I liked the taste.
I had a pet billy growing up and taught him to butt heads with me. I thought it was funny and a fun thing to do, my dad not so much..lol
He had brought home a new-to-us truck and the goat climbed up on top of the cab, when dad went to get him down he got popped in the head. The next day when I got off of the bus from school I could smell something that had my mouth watering.
I loved bbq and this was delicious!
After my belly was almost full I went outside to play with billy but couldn't find him. I, with a piece of meat still in my hand came back inside to ask if anyone had seen my goat only to informed by my father that I was eating him. I would have been disturbed by that little bit of news except there was more left of him and I wanted another piece! Dang! Billy was a good goat, just not enough of him..lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 06:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ben Maher:
good stuff brother...wish i could have been there but next time eh . we'll go  and get some rabbits soon eh ... Can't let you and Luke have all the fun!!!
Absolutely mate. It was a shame you couldnt make it.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mudd:
Whoa! How cool is that? Way!! I'm saying!!

Thank you for sharing those with us, they're great pics.

I wish we had some goat around my neck of the woods to hunt. I just love the taste of good goat BBQ.

I found out the hard way how much I liked the taste.
I had a pet billy growing up and taught him to butt heads with me. I thought it was funny and a fun thing to do, my dad not so much..lol
He had brought home a new-to-us truck and the goat climbed up on top of the cab, when dad went to get him down he got popped in the head. The next day when I got off of the bus from school I could smell something that had my mouth watering.
I loved bbq and this was delicious!
After my belly was almost full I went outside to play with billy but couldn't find him. I, with a piece of meat still in my hand came back inside to ask if anyone had seen my goat only to informed by my father that I was eating him. I would have been disturbed by that little bit of news except there was more left of him and I wanted another piece! Dang! Billy was a good goat, just not enough of him..lol

God bless,Mudd
:D   I got a good chuckle out of that mate. Thankyou.
Fred Bear

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »
Australia is awesome..!!  

I would "chase" something everyday with my bow. Beautiful country.. Thanks for sharing your bowhunt.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »
Nice one Mudd !
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »
Nice goats.LCH

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
Mudd, now that was funny!

Excelpoint--what are the hunting opportunities for goats down under?  I used to hunt Catalina Island for those critters back in the early 90's before the Nature Conservancy shot them all off.  Most fun I've had with a bow in my hand. My wife wants to go visit Australia some day, a little hunting down there might just get me looking into the airfare!

Offline Carpmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
Hunting goats has always looked fun to me.  Nice goats guys!  Mudd thats a hilarious story!

Offline Jmgcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
Nice goats guys....   :thumbsup:  

Mudd, now we know - trauma and a bump on the head.  :biglaugh:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
Life is not about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain!
Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD,... Psalm 33:12

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
Bivyhunter,
goats are pretty prevalent across a lot of this country. They are often herded and sold off for meat but you can normally find places where big Billies still hang around.They are considered a major pest due to their massive environmental impact. PM me if you want more details.
Between Excelpoint , myself and the rest of the lads we'll get you onto some critters.

Ben
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 02:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bivyhunter:
Mudd, now that was funny!

Excelpoint--what are the hunting opportunities for goats down under?  I used to hunt Catalina Island for those critters back in the early 90's before the Nature Conservancy shot them all off.  Most fun I've had with a bow in my hand. My wife wants to go visit Australia some day, a little hunting down there might just get me looking into the airfare!
Ben basicly summed it up. Goats over here are probably the most accessable larger animal to hunt. If you decide to come over let us know. We will see what we can arrange.
Fred Bear

Offline HOWITZER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
Nice looking table fair!
"Though I'm closer to wrong
I'm no further from right"

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
Everytime i see you fellas from down under post it always looks to be having a great time. Musta been a heck of a trip. I sure hope to make it there some day.

Congrats on the fine kills   :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©