3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It's Official..... Cade's a bowfisherman and Glenbo shoots his 1st! (6-19 update)  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
Oh man that was great Curt and Cade.  I can relate to Cade as I have recently geared up myself and my wife with 2 Bear '76'ers and AMS reels.  For my B-day last week we took the kids to a close-by area and we got on some 10+ lb carp.  My little 5 and 2 yr olds were having a blast on daddy's shoulders watching it all.  

We are taking the camper for 3 days on Wed. to a premiere carp lake and they should be spawning.  It should be good to say the least, and hopefully my wife will score her first bow kill.

Thanks for taking us along Curt. That pic of Cade all wet makes me miss those rivers of my youth.  They run a bit warmer than in these parts and felt "good" fallin in.
   :bigsmyl:

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congrats guys! Good shootin Cade...  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Curt that was Awesome congratulations to both Cade and you.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
Perfect shot Cade! Congrats on your first!
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Haha, good stuff Curt.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Update....

Cade and I went out with Gary K. Saturday morning. It was a beautiful morning, but the fish were not very active and willing to reveal themselves...
•  
•  

Gary got a couple shots a brought in one nice carp(no pix though).

I spotted a fish under a branch hanging off the shore...got Cade on the fish and told him we'd both shoot. I would release after he did.

If he did hit the fish, and extra arrow would help him land the fish in case his arrow pulled out.

My arrow hit the water right after his and instantly we could tell one of us had hit it. I wish I could say it was his arrow in the fish. But it was mine...

First time I've ever been disappointed to hit a fish     :(    

But he did get to fight it with my rig(not a real active fish because of the shot placement)...

Still a very happy camper!
•  

They were releasing water at the dam and the water was rising quickly making it hard to spot fish...
•  

A team effort!
•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Awsome video Curt.

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Guru and Cade-You are doing the right thing!
Keep it up guy's
-Bill

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Very cool as usual!!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nice shooting on that first one Cade! And good work landing that fish your papa hit. Thanks for sharing the fun.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Great stuff!  What a joy it is being able to watch kids grow up right here on my computer.  You're becoming quite the young man Cade!  What a great experience - one you will remember for a long time to come.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Joe D

• Trad Bowhunter
Good stuff Curt....thanks for sharing!     :thumbsup:
Joe D
"Silva Vocat"

Offline timmy c

• Trad Bowhunter
awesome video curt got to get in on the action one of these days maybe you and glen will let me and cade shoot one

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
How did I miss this?  

Great video of Cade's first shot!  How cool is that?     :clapper:  

Like Joe said, it is fun to watch our little cyber hunting brothers grow!  He is sure getting to be a fine young man!

Thanks for taking us along.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
What Whip said ! Congrats Cade ! Before long Skyler will have you down in AL huntin them there Submarine Carp. We call them that cause they are big as a submarine !!! robtattoo was shooting a 70lb bow at the gar we had last year !

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline mark land

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome Cade and you are definitely hooked now, can't wait to see ya'll again at the Stump Shoot in August, might have to setup a bowfishing type shot this time since you are getting some practice in, hang in there it will happen and can't wait to see the pics.
They'll be no quitters till we bag us some critters!

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Great Stuff!!!
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
:clapper:  Looks like a fun day!
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Man thanx for the kind words fellas...he's growing up too fast!

Jimmy, I can't wait to get him down with Don and Sky! I look forward to another go at them giants as well    :pray:

Mark, We're sure looking forward to seeing you again as well at Muzzy    :archer2:

Looks like this weekend he's gonna have a great chance to get his first fish. We're going out with Terry (Indianabowman) for a night bowfishing trip on the Hudson.

Still a little concerned that his outfit isn't packing enough punch...but I'll keep my fingers crossed, and I'll also try to get another arrow into any fish he shoots.

Keep you fingers crossed for him    ;)
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©