3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DONE WITH U.S. POSTAL SERVICE  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Muleyslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
DONE WITH U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
« on: June 18, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
Been talking with Frank (Sticshooter) about a knife made with my wifes Grandpas file, well they lost it, my father-inlaw said it was 80-100yrs. old. Alot of sentimental vallue here, and it was lost in one day. I know theres some postal workers here and my best freind is one , but nomore from me, I'm ticked. I'll walk it there next time. Sorry just venting, hope this doesn't happen to anybody else.  :banghead:    :banghead:
"LUCK"
When preparation meets opportunity

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: DONE WITH U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:48:00 PM »
I sent out a Centaur Carbon Elite in the same flimsy box that my Chimera came in, all the way to Glendale, CA. It got there in great shape, sent the 15th and arrived the 17th. Early in the morning.

Other than putting it in the back seat and driving it there (which I could not do on the postage I paid), I can think of no other  way to get it there with as much confidence as I have in that carrier.

And yes, I do work for them.
And no, I do not get a discount.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
I don't care what the price of whatever it is that I'm shipping, I use tracking confirmation and if it's valuable then it also gets insurance.

This is my way and the only way I will use the USPS.

My 2 cents worth.

I am very sorry that you've lost something that is so precious to you.

YHS
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
I am currently dealing with the Post Office on a bow ruined in shipping. Though I am plenty unhappy, it was insured and quite frankly with my past experience with Fedex and UPS it will take more than one bow for me stop using the U.S.P.S.

Offline Muleyslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Killdeer, I'm not bashing you or the postal carriers, but my friend and my carrier both said it doesn't supprise them, and they said use u.p.s. next time, and I will. and if they dont get it there then my dodge and the gas card in my wallet are making the trip.
"LUCK"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
So far,knock on wood, I have had "EXCELLENT" results with the USPS. That's not saying I'll never have any problems,but for the price and time frame it is very hard to beat!! I hope my luck with them continues..........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline bowbenderman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
Well, here's my two cents!! Sent a BW to the BW factory in Nixa Mo. to have a new type handle machined on the bow.  U.S. post office lost it, I had put $500.00 insurance on the handle, but they choose to depreciate my handle to a value of $279.00. I scheduled a meetin with the post master, he said he was sorry but I would have to deal with a claims office in Texas.  I asked how they could depreciate the value an not pay me the $500.00 insurance that I had paid for.  He had no answer. Never , never deal with them again!!!!!

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
So you wanna pay more for less service with someone who is more likely to mess up?

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
I understand you have had issues with the PO....

I have shipped USPS Priority a hundred times with never an issue.. Actually this is a GREAT service...

JDS III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
I don't like the care/handling or tracking system of USPS. I am a UPS man. I can track it at every stop. If I haven't got a box my local UPS store will provide a box and pack it for a few bucks.

Yes, UPS costs a little more but nothing has ever gotten lost, ever.

my 2 Cents
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
I have had things literally trashed by UPS.  They damaged something and they have a policy of throwing it away if it is dangerous or they think it is.  So if it sounds like broken glass, has anything sticking out of the box with a point and so on they throw it away.  I had a really over packed custom item that they said was so damaged they couldn't salvage it to ship to back.  They had to have run over it with a truck, and I am not kidding, to have done that.  I handle all kinds of packages with UPS for my work.  Most are very durable and not real hard to replace.  They come in torn up with all kinds of gouges and crushed sections, holes..........I have not even had a dented box with USPS, and my stuff is not shipped with big heavy stuff like they hall with UPS.  I had someone ship me an odd size hard items in a paper envelop of all things by USPS, and it came repacked buy USPS because it poked out the paper.  I will stick with USPS.  If I ship anything of value with UPS it is way over packed.  A bow would have to be in a tube.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
hmmm, never had a problem with USPS Priority. I have heard of problems with Brown and trying to get paid for loss. I guess nothing is perfect in this world. Just glad we don't have to use Pony Express any longer!    :biglaugh:
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline marsniper27

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
you are lucky you don't have to deal with Canada post you won't find a slower postal service any where. Pony express would probably arrive an hour earlier.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
UPS driver left $2300 worth of camera lenses on my front porch, They got rained on and completely soaked. Said it wasn't their responsibility. Next week they did the same thing with a piece of stereo equipment. It was also ruined by rain!
Needless to say I refuse to use their service again.

Have never had a problem with USPS, but always send Priority insured just in case.

I worked for Fedex for 6 years and know how they load their trailers. Also now know that UPS loads with the same diligent care as Fedex. Knowing how this is done, believe me they would be the last of my available choices to use!!

This is experience speaking not just my opinion.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
I receive UPS at work every day.  I would never use them for a bow.  I have well over 100 USPS Priority shipments over the last two years without any problems.  I ain't changing any time soon.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
I don't want to jinx myself....but to be honest I've never had an issue with USPS. No one and no service is perfect.

Sorry for your bad luck
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Muleyslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
Gentelman I'm not trying to say one is better then the other(ups-usps) and price of a package sent out for a few dollars is not relivant, 80-100 yr. old peice of steel that was lost is, and when I talked to the guy in cleveland about the loss his thought was " boy things get lost shouldv'e had insurance on it", how much should I of had 3$--1000$, it had sentimental value.  I'm not gonna  :deadhorse:  but usps is the last way my stuff is going to be sent out for now on!
"LUCK"

Offline B/W lvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
I will never ship UPS!!!!!!!! First they left a cashmere sweater that I had saved and sweated to order on the sidewalk in front of the wrong house!!!!!!!!!! Next they left a shipment from the old 3 Rivers in front of the same house and it was stolen. Ferry at Rivers said I must have stolen it!!!!!!!Which is why I will not buy from Rivers even though they have changed owners. UPS driver said he was overworked and couldn't be sure of everything he delivered being at the correct address and got pissed because I wasn't sympathetic about his plight. Finally got a check 6 months after the loss.To HELL with UPS and hooray for USPS. Frank

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
I know I live in a small town and most of the postal people know I have this odd hobby but if I get a large package that won't fit in the ail box they will actually bring it up and deliver it to me. The mail person  could just a ticket in the mail box and I'd have to go get it. I call that excellent service. Jawge

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
I sent a heavy Priority package to Anchorage several years ago, insured... I thought it got lost too...but amazingly, it showed up on my friend's doorstep 30 DAYS late! I paid big $$$, but when it got there, with all the work I put into that project, I didn't care.

May your file still make an appearance as my package did so long ago!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©