3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DONE WITH U.S. POSTAL SERVICE  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Hoser1268

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: DONE WITH U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
Being a letter carrier for the Postal Service I will say that they have their problems but they are still the best way to ship something.  I have shipped bows, rifles, shotguns and have never had a problem.  I always insure anything of value just in case. I did have a box from UPS stolen because the driver didn't feel like taking the elevator up the the 4th floor to my apartment. Ammo no less. They also destroyed a box that a vintage Marshall amp was shipped to me in. That got the amp was not dammaged. The P.O. is still the best way to go.
54" Morrison Cheyenne Longbow 42@26
54" Morrison Cheyenne Recurve 46@26
54" Rocky Mt. Recurve  52@28
50" Sierra Blanca Recurve 44@26
52" Sierra Blanca Recurve 50@26

Offline freeman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
No shipper is 100%, but I think the usps does better than the alternatives. They may misdirect things once in a while, but I haven't had them completely lose anything yet, or ruin anything that wasn't improperly packed.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
what do you get when you combine fed-ex and ups?
....................fed-up......have had bad dealings with both and never ever even a glimmer of trouble with usps.they get all my buisness period.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by George Tsoukalas:
I know I live in a small town and most of the postal people know I have this odd hobby but if I get a large package that won't fit in the ail box they will actually bring it up and deliver it to me. The mail person  could just a ticket in the mail box and I'd have to go get it. I call that excellent service. Jawge
Same here.  Our driver brings everything to the door and has even tracked me down out back to get stuff to me.  Great lady.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Muleyslayer:
Gentelman I'm not trying to say one is better then the other(ups-usps) and price of a package sent out for a few dollars is not relivant, 80-100 yr. old peice of steel that was lost is, and when I talked to the guy in cleveland about the loss his thought was " boy things get lost shouldv'e had insurance on it", how much should I of had 3$--1000$, it had sentimental value.  I'm not gonna   :deadhorse:   but usps is the last way my stuff is going to be sent out for now on!
I feel for you.  Really I do, but if packed good, tracked and insured, it is still a great way to go.  Things happen to things, but hey are only things.  And stop slaying those mules.  Oh, muliey slayer.  :D
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
When I owned the archery business, I shipped maybe a thousand items via US Priority mail. We had only one person say it never got there. That was to an apartment complex, figure it got there but someone stole it since item was too long to fit in mail box. Probably left sitting on top of mail box, but  not sure.
I think USPS does a very good job.
John

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
I would like to go back to the original post. I realize I prodded the UPS Versus USPS debate. Sorry.

The bigger issue is; you lost something precious to you. For that, I am sorry.
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
Big Brown will always let you down. I have shipped bows all over the USA and US priority mail gets them to the address in three days with no problems. Who ever you use, build your package BOMB PROOF to stack the odds in your favor along with insurance and a return receipt.

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
My big concern is that you insure an item for $500 and they can discount it... what's up with that??!!!
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
I've mailed 3 bows in the last few months and have used USPS and have had great service.  But trying to get out of paying insured value of shipped package is TOTAL BS.  I'm gonna ask a few questions before I ship my next bow.
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »
Actually folks, UPS is a contracted carrier for USPS on alot of the Priority Packages!

Remember, it is still customer service, a Blood pumping, oxygen breathing Human being, is still in charge of doing the right job!  :bigsmyl:

Offline Spotted Quoll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
USPS/UPS on it's worst day is still mile sbetter than the Autralian Postal service. I had a bow posted to me oncewith Aust Post and it was well packed, however some idiot had slammed the tip of the box in a car door by the looks of it and the bow was ruined. I complained and they fobbed me off saying that the bow was incorrectly packaged (untrue). Another time, I had a package with camo clothes, predator callers and all manner of goodies left on my 9 month old pups dog bed outside. Of course, pup thought it was all for her and demolished the package and contents forthwith. Same response from Australia Post again when I filed a complaint...

I have had many packages posted to me from the United States via USPS and UPS, never had a problem, items arrived faster than if I was to have something posted from within Australia.

Offline 16 gauge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
USPS, Priority Mail, Insured and Delivery Conformation....Great Service...Many bows shipped and received...Absolutely no problems so far...   :pray:

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »
I've used most every service at one time or another. Never had a real problem with any of them. Spend a little extra get the insurance, tracking and delivery confirmation. But most importantly pack the item properly.
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss.  I haven't had any real problems with them, and much prefer them to UPS for shipping bows.  Regardless, it's a shame something like this happens.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 02:24:00 AM »
The USPS ruined the last bow I shipped.  It was insured and everything, but they don't pay what it was insured for.  What's up with that?  They just get to decide what part of the insured amount they want to pay....that sure don't seem right to me......Unfortunately I have to send another bow tomorrow.  :scared:

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 02:29:00 AM »
I have had good service from USPS and UPS. With America in the fast lane things are bound to happen. Sorry for your loss. Maybe it will turn up.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Gapmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »
I sent 2 packages to Texas through the post office--insured. These were items that I had owned for years and I was handing them down to a friend. Both packages never showed up to my friends house. When I tried to file a claim for the insurance I paid for I was told I could not collect unless I could produce receipts showing what I purchased the items for. I owned these items for 20 years and there was no way I could produce receipts. I asked for my insurance payment back and was told no. I will never use the post office again.
"Just passing through"

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
My mail carrier is really great.  She will walk the packages around to the front door and leave under the big porch so they can't get wet.  Not so with other carriers.

She once waited while I opened a bow so she could see it then ohhed and ahhed over it.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
Well lets see. USPS is unsafe, FedEx not trustworthy, UPS completely unreliable and heaven help you if you use Aussie mail.  Sounds like the only safe way to send a package is personal home delivery. Your in trouble if you try that with a Ford...........
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©