3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kwyk Styk - I am ordering one can you guys help answer a few questions please.  (Read 415 times)

Online azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
I am placing an order for a Jack Kemph kwyk styk. I have looked at all the pictures I can find. In looking at the pictures I do not know if they are the standard grip or ones that have been ordered with changes to the grip. Can anyone show me some pictures of the standard grip please? Also if you ordered one different than standard could you post some pictures? If you cannot post pictures could you just let me know if you prefer the standard grip or if you made changes what you ordered and why you like it. If I could see for sure what the standard grip looks like then I could see if I want anything different.

My draw is just under 28" right at 27 3/4. Do you think I should go with the 56" model or 58"?

Last question. I think I like the charcoal grey  dymondwood model or it might be called actionwood. Like the one Guru has. What limb veneers stained grey would look good with the riser. Cannot see the limb veneers in the pictures of the grey riser bow's accept the one with red elm stained grey that looked nice.

Thanks for your help.
mark

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
Have Froggy show you his. Just get a napkin ready to wipe the druel mess you'll have. Absolutely beautiful. I called Jack a month ago and got on the list. This is gonna be a bad year or, well a good one of learning to wait.
From everything I have read or seen it's going to be worth it though.

I'd go 56" with that bow design.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Let the drooling begin!

Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jack is a great fella.If you get ahold of Joe Skipp he will be able to help you out.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
ahhh if it were only 125 pounder huh Matt?

nice bow . lmk when you outgrow it ill give it a nice home for ya.  :saywhat:
form is everything! shoot well shoot hard.

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
looks like medium wrist to me huh?

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Medium low?

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
Standard Kempf Kwyk styk risers are for the most part seem Med to me The standard grip is real nice keeps the arrow real close to your hand which makes Kwyk Styks Shoot where you look / The smaller grip is the one I Like Jack will make your grip how you like it but the med size seems the best to me ,, I allways ask for the grip that jack likes himself and never been dissapointed ,,
Gord

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Eric,

Actually, I have that bow at Jack's. He is making the heaviest # limbs he feels comfortable.

This bow is 47# at 27" or 50# at 28". Super fast, accurate, quiet. Best recurve I have ever shot.

The original 47# limbs are for my wife to shoot.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I don't know what grip my KS is. I got it from Gator1. Mitch, do you know?

I will say this; after gripping this bow and after shooting this bow, I sold my BW PSAX. They were both in the same wt class. The PSAX was beautiful, fast, and dead on accurate. But, the KS was even better.

When I get my 70# KS back from Jack. I will consider selling my Border Black Douglas w/ HEX IV limbs.

KS are that good!

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
LOL   :wavey:

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Eric,

Jack won't make them any heavier.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
how heavy is he willing to go?

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
whats the specs on the BBD? send me some pics if u can.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I need to talk with Jack. It is more about what weight my existing riser can handle.

I am hoping 70#. If so, that will be plenty. His bows are just great.

The only bow I have shot that is comparable is the Border Black Douglas Swift. I can get heavier limbs on the Border, too.

The difference between the two for me is; the grip. I have small hands and the KS grip is smaller. The Border has a great grip but it is just a shade bigger than the KS.

My Border is 62" 55# at 28". Because of the carbon Hex IV limbs it shoots like a really heavy bow. Major league speed and hitting power. Zero Hand shock. Wicked bow.

Being that I am Scottish, having a bow made in Scotland is very sweet.

Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
Here's one of my KS. They are great bows. I just wish he would make a TD longbow in that style. Hes getting too old to make changes anymore.

It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here's mine. 56" 55@28 w/ Static tips. Jack added Small Rosewood thumbrest that feels nice, also narrowed the throat is a plus for me. I have another due in December..... need to figure out the woods before too long. Great bows, and a even greater fellow in Jack.

TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
sweet bow let me have first dibs

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Eric,
 CJ Pearson done beat you to it  on dibs. I think I will keep this one due to the fact I listed it on my homeowners insurance...LOL !!

Thanks
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
sorry frog i was taking to matt and his bbd.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©