3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Matt nearly killed me today...  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Matt nearly killed me today...
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by PA stickbow boy:
Matt, Congrats!  that sure is one big hog.... did you weigh him?
Read Biggies Post.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline DAGATOR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »
Nice hog.

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
ok, i don't know much about hogs but i'm gonna guess 385#
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
My wheelbow-afflicted hunting partner (who can't understand my Black Widow Lust, or shooting a fine recurve, or owning any recurve or longbow for that matter) whom I frequently disagree with, swears this is an internet hoax picture. I tried to explain Tradgang to him, again, for the 50th time. He wasn't having any of it, so I gave up. Some people can't stand success, I guess.

Way to go Matt. Great job on this beast. Someday I'll hopefully shoot one.
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Online MUZZLEBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
Matt, Congrats on the little "piglet" you took.  :thumbsup:   You guys still huntin' at Paradise? I hunted a couple of times years ago when Cass Vickers was a member there. Great piece of woods! Rick.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2010, 01:02:00 AM »
Shoe!!!!........you didn't give me any shooting credit when you missed that big gobbler this spring using 3-under....you remember us at Martys?.........Now you smoke a big boy and i'm a shooting Zen Master.....BS.....You deserved that rascal! Congrats........You have joined an elite company of 300+ club..Glad to have you!!!!!....dry sand bed??....bayou at the end of Joe's road by the old baker climbing stand? where we kilt 5 one morning? or Sparr lake road west?
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2010, 05:36:00 AM »
Right at the East end of mill creek.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
"joined an elite company of 300+ club"  Shoe will have to be force fed a few hundred point of pecan twirls to make the 300# fatbboys club!

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
Great stuff, two thumbs up to all involved. I'll definitely call Biggie next time I have a dead elk down in a hole. But I have to wonder... why do all you guys east of the Mississippi feel you have to get everything out of the woods in one piece? Up in Alaska, where that wasn't an option, I learned to reduce a caribou or sheep to backpack ready chunks in less time than it takes to drag a deer a few hundred yards, and I do the same routinely here in MT. (Yeah, moose take a little longer.) Of course, I don't have friends like Biggie (tee-hee). Cheers, Don

Offline Bigriver

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
Unfortunately in WI, we are required by law to get it out in one piece & register it before we cut any game up. Dragging is the norm around here, probably causes lots if heart attacks!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
You can legally do that on hogs if you wish Mr. Thomas but In Oklahoma where I hunt you can't quarter deer in the field. They have to be checked in and weighed before quartering. My deer cart comes in mighty handy when I get one on the ground.    :nono:

Offline Flint Head

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
Uncle Don...

Your lack of southern redneck hunter knowledge is really showing. You are duly sworn for the next hour, upon reaching your truck, to ride said large animal around showing it off to your family and friends, all of which have a combined tooth count of seven... I mean that's right there on page one of the manual.   :readit:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
Glad to see this thread still going....after talking to Matt the other day, and him telling me where it all happened was just too cool.  Be by that tree a hundred times, and had my share of bruiser boars in that area myself....that made his story that much more special.

Congrats again Matt!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
Biggie, I thought you were too smart to let Matt con you into doing his heavy work. Guess not, huh? Anyway, that is a fine hog.Be careful in this heat - you don't want Jill to cash that life insurance policy just yet.
Sam

Offline stykshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
That's a huge hog, congrats Matt

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
Don, How else is Shoe going to attract a lifemate in south ga if he can't show off his feral hog.. He killed that hog not 100 yards from Lori's Petunia fatal accident.....i think........

Shoe , how about that gun barrel shooting technique?  Hopely you have enough male equipment to mount the rascal whole...That is the rule at Paradise....anything over 300# gets stuffed whole......

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2010, 03:25:00 AM »
WOW! Thats a big one. Congrats on hog.  :notworthy:

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »
You guys have reminded me how far i've strayed from my red neck roots and I'm ashamed.The next one comes out guts and all for the obligatory ride through town... I promise! Honestly, I wasn't aware of the legal regulations in the states you mentioned. There must be a reason but for them but I can't imagine what it is. Sounds to me like a good way to lose meat to hot weather and knock off aging, overweight bowhunters like... Aw, I guess I don't really know anybody like that. Don

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
The Game Pole.      It s a genetic southern trait that we have to honor. No matter what the lifeless quarry, we have to bring it back, it goes on the game pole.

Best way to tell a southern dead animal hero shot from western?   You guessed.......ours is always hanging from something.

Game pole serves as some kind of Vortex for us redneck bowhunters. Also we are bad about frying everything that meets the gambrel.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
Don, MD has/had that requirement...and their season starts in Mid-Sept...dead hot!

I called their DNR back when I tried to hunt their archery opener to ask "Why?". The woman told me they felt that if they didn't require them to come out whole, guys could shoot more bucks and claim it was a doe!

She did conceed that I could skin it all the way up to the ears, roll it up and tie it to let the meat cool, as long as the hide was "still attached"...her logic was that if it was "attached" it wasn't removed, even if it was only attached by 2" of hide at the ears!

Kinda cooled my jets to even hunt MD.  I LOVE venison and wouldn't treat meat that way for any reason.  Things have simplified some down there in recent years.

VA was about the same... had to check them before you skin them, let alone 1/4 them and pack them out.

One young fella in a hunt club I was in down Tidewater VA way, shot a beautiful buck way back in--- early season...near 95* and hung it, skinned it, then 1/4'd it and packed it out a quarter at a time...He packed out EVERYTHING. he laid out the hide, head, and quarters and rebuilt the critter right in front of the check station agent on a tarp.. including the legs/hooves.

They still busted him. I don't hunt VA anymore either...that is just silly IMNSHO (not so humble). But it's the law. Only protest is to not go!  :(
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©