3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stalker Recurves at Compton's  (Read 551 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Stalker Recurves at Compton's
« on: June 19, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
Add South Cox to the list of very talented young bowyers. I had a chance to look over  the Stalker recurves and visit with South on Friday and today. He has a great eye for wood combo's and has designed a nice shooting both with great fit and finish. I really like the grip. My hand slid into consistently and anturally. The bow drew smoothly and was very quiet. If you want a quality recurve that shoots and looks great South Cox is another bowyer to consider!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline 16 gauge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stalker Recurves at Compton's
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
I had South send me one to test drive. Excellent shooter and very fine workmanship. If your thinking of getting a new T/D recurve, this is one to take a look at...and you can try one out before you buy!!!!

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »
Be careful guys....this is one addictive bow!  I've only had mine for a couple months and already two guys from our local range placed an order, and three more are seriously considering buying one!

I also placed an order for another one!   :D  

Ryan

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
I agree with everything said above. I spent quite a bit of time on Saturday talking with South and will definately have one of his bows in my stable sometime soon. Just like Mike said above........the hand just slides into the grip every time, very smooth on the draw, and not a bit of handshock.

I took one over to the target butts for a "test drive".......it didn't take me but two arrows to know that his bows fit my style of shooting VERY WELL. I already have a wood combo in mind.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »
Don, sorry I missed you at the Tradgang get together. South makes a fine bow, doesn't he. I sure would be interested to know what wood combos you have in mind. You should hire yourself out as a veneer/riser consultant as you also have a great eye for what looks great together. South has an easy going personality, and will be a fine bowyer to work an order with.

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
Mike, I'm sorry too.......I was really looking forward to shooting a little bit with you. I figure if I hang around and shoot with some of you fellars that "perhaps" some of the good shooting will be passed along to me.

We'll try again next year, as I'm quite sure that we will make the trip north again. This is such a wonderful weekend and I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into putting this rendezvous on.

Consultant.......LOL........I just look at pictures of other peoples bows and the combo's that appeal to me.......is what I have them build.

Winterhawk1960

Offline yukon chuck

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
Nice bows. Nicer guy. Bows shoot well and look just as good. I was glad to see them at Compton. Christmas isn't that far off. "Dear Santa..."
>>>--TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association
Yucketsville Buffalo & Cricket Association

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle". -Plato

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
I like it that South donates $100 from each Schleyer model to the Bart Schleyer memorial fund (Bart's son Artyom's education fund). I get pictures from Bart's sister Claudia each year, and Artyom is doing fine (14 years old) and likes the outdoors. He is coming to the Sates for a vistit this summer. Word has it he will get to shoot one of South's bows too.  Mike

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
I sent him out the #001 of the Schleyer line.  Hoping that'll hook us another member of the family.  I'm going to try to get a picture of him shooting, I'll post it when I get one.

Online azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »
Anyone else shoot the Stalker recurve at Comptons.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »
South, don't forget to get some pics up of that myrtle when you cut it. Shoot, a woods page would be great on your website.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
Owlbait- On the Stalker site, you can see many diffrent wood types if you click on "wood" at the bootom of the bow page. There is another link that shows more bows with many wood combinations. I hope that helps. Mike

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »
Thanks Mike. Guess I missed that one. I'm slower on the computer than the selfbow I made!

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
Just got off the phone with South...very nice fella. Yep, you bet I placed an order! The best part is that I may have it in time to hunt in October...I am pumped!
Mike Davenport

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
I have an e-mail to South. Might have a bow or two for sale soon on the classifieds  :bigsmyl:

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
I've got a local (sorta) gentleman that is interested in one of my bows. When I collect the money for it........my order will go in. I spoke with South for quite a while up at Comptons, and mentioned the wood combo that I had in mind. He said he hadn't made one in that combo before and actually picked up a piece of wood for the riser on mine while he was there.

I shot one of his recurves for probably close to an hour up there, but I knew that I was gonna own one after the second arrow. I guess I'm a "bow hoar".......Oh well, I gotsa ta have one of them Stalker bows.

Winterhawk1960

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
Don, do you make up names of woods just so it will be copyrighted? I just spent an hour looking at wood samples. I think I have a Stalker bug too, and I have a Zipper ZSR on order. I sure am glad Mrs. Owlbait is understanding, and employed  :thumbsup:

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
Don,
Be sure to post pics when you get that bow!
Can't wait to see that riser!

Mike,
Isn't it one "nasty bug"   :D  

Aloha,
Ryan

Offline Ron+dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »
i agree 100% i recently came across a post w/ a link to the web site and really liked what i saw awesome work and beutiful bows   :notworthy:    :biglaugh:    :archer2:
>>>--------> <--------<<<
" the happiness that is found sleeping under tents is unbelievable. one night in tents is worth three in town" -bruce chatwin in far journeys

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by owlbait:
Don, do you make up names of woods just so it will be copyrighted? I just spent an hour looking at wood samples. I think I have a Stalker bug too, and I have a Zipper ZSR on order. I sure am glad Mrs. Owlbait is understanding, and employed   :thumbsup:  
LOL........nope, haven't invented any new wood names yet, but I've got a "snapshot" imprinted in my mind......I've been wanting one of these combo's for a while. I'm glad that my wife is employed too......Mike, also VERY glad that I have a decent paying job too.

Pictures.......did somebody say "pictures".

Don't worry.......there will be some. I've just gotta get the money in my hands from the bow I am selling and get my order in to South, BEFORE everyone finds out how well his bows shoot.

Winterhawk1960

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©