3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: CARI- BOWS?????  (Read 721 times)

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
CARI- BOWS?????
« on: May 07, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »
If you was to order a new longbow from ABE which one would you order?And how would a FEATHERHORN compare to a PEREGRINE or a SNOWBIRD as to performance?Any input greatly appreciated?
THANK YOU
DEAN
TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: CARI- BOWS?????
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 06:51:00 AM »
Silver Fox. Best he makes IMHO.For a onepiece the Fetherhorn is top notch. Cannot speak for the Peregrine or Snowbird. Never shot those, just not my cup of tea.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline mbbushman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
I chose the Silver Fox. I just like three piece takedowns. I believe the Peregrine is the top performer of the bunch, but that's just splitting hairs. All the bows Abe builds are performers. I may end up ordering a Peregrine yet, at the least another set of limbs for my Silver Fox.

Offline the elf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
I have a lefthanded Silver Fox-----and I have ordered a Peregrine of the same specs----late Fall seems like a long time away for me----lol.  elf.

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »
I personally like the looks of the Tundra Wolf, but it doesn't matter because I can't afford it!
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
The Peregrine is the probably the one I would get. I like two piece TD's better, mostly for their looks. The 3 piece bows, while offering some obvious advantages, look too much like recurves. I do however like the looks of recurves and longbows but 3 piece longbows with recurve handles remind me of that movie: "The Fly" where they got mixed together in the transporter with horrible results!  :)
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
I would have to go with flatlander on this.I was furtunate enough to shoot the TW at Wheeling, and was blown away by it.

On first thought I would say I couldn't afford it either, but somehow I will!!

Kenny
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
I can vouch for the Perigrine.  GREAT BOW that is one of the best kept speed demon secrets in Traditional Archery (WITHOUT CARBON)!!!

I look forward to trying one of Abes's 2 piece Perigrines one day.  That would be SWEET!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
We have two peregrines in our house...one at 46# and the other one at 53#...I shoot the lighter one but it outshoots a lot of my heavier bows.

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
I have owned two Featherhorns from Abe. Nice bows that shoot really well.

I currently own 2 Silver Fox 3pc. I prefer the grip on these over the Featherhorn. Just my personal tastes.

Last year at Compton, I shot both the Peregrine and Snowbird. While both shot great, my preference was for the Snowbird. Just seemed to shoot better for ME. It seemed less critical of my form than the Peregrine.

From my perspective, all of Abe's bows are some of the best out there. Find what works or appeals to you.

BP
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »
Dean why not order one of each!! Problem solved! No what I would do is order a right hand Peregrine [I know your a lefty]and when you can't shoot it I'll buy it off you.I too like the looks of all of Abes bows but I would go for the Peregrine myself.

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
Abe's supposed to be at Compton's again this year and will have his peregrines there for people to see and try...and I think he will have a two piece peregrine there as well!!

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
Another vote here for the Silver Fox. I bought one a couple of months ago from a fellow tradganger and it's the best shooting longbow that I've ever owned.
I reckon so

Offline Anvil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
I really like my Silver Fox also. If his other bows shoot as well as this one, you can't go wromg with any of them.

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.      Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127:3-4

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
I shot some of nearly every bow available at the show in Wheeling, WV this year, in hopes of finding my first LB to begin my Trad journey.  At the end of the day I shot each of Abe's designs... thinking they were too expensive, but I wanted to try them.  

His silverfox is as good a 3-piece as you can get... if you can afford it.  While I liked his Snowbird and Peregrine... he had a Featherhorn that felt like magic to me.  So much so, I busted my budget on the spot and have been shooting it like a madman ever since.

Generally, Featherhorn is less R/D, slower but more forgiving and nothing smoother.
Peregrine is more R/D, very fast-high performance, but perhaps not as forgiving.
I would say Snowbird is something in between.

You can't go wrong... just choose by what qualities you value most.  If you are a speed-freak... the Peregrine is your bow.  If you want smooth and forgiving... I have to recommend the Featherhorn.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
Silver Fox gets my vote. I love mine.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
I have a silver fox that I love but I have shot Pete's perigrine and you can't go wrong with either. I like the Silver fox better because it's a little heavier but my wife wants a dressed up Perigrine  but we'll have to wait a little. Yes they are expensive but worth every penny
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
If you like a one-piece, I really liked my Featherhorn. Hope to have one again some day.  Very smooth shooter.  :thumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©