3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: silence is golden, which quiver?  (Read 215 times)

Offline Kajun Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
silence is golden, which quiver?
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
I have a new Blacktail on order and need opinions on the Great Northern two piece quiver for the take down bow versus the two piece Kanati.  I like Norm's logo on the Great Northern. It is a beautiful item, but I am concerned with the noise from all the metal and the metal downrod. Also, it looks like it attaches with small rods and screws.  I shoot with a quiver now and like it on my Dorado, but need some information on these tow products.  The Kanati does look more traditional and is a fine piece of work. Please give opinions on the function of both.

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: silence is golden, which quiver?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
I have the Kanati bolt on on my A&H take down longbow and it is a real nice quiver. When mounted it is very tight. Does not move at all. I have all the Great Northern quivers, nice quivers, but I have to say I like this Kanati bolt on, it's the best.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline inthere10x

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
I also have the Kanati limb bolt, which mounts solidly to my Leon Stewart Slammer.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:23:00 AM »
Lots of good ones out there but you couldn't pick better than the Anneewakee Kinati line - in my opinion. Always keep an eye on John Dill's NC based Anneewakee Archery operation for new innovations and designs. You won't be sorry.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »
Try the Eagle's Flight; they make strap on and bolt on models that are light, quiet, and look good, too.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
Thunderhorn Two Point (for TD bows) is my top quiver for a recurve. Totally silent. You can add or remove grippers easily (they slide out) to make a 3, 4, 5, or 6 arrow quiver. Broadheads are 100% encased in good foam. Head and gripper are both adjustable for angle on 2 planes.

If you take a good pic of your bow (woods) and send it, Duane & Kim will select a leather combo that matches your Blacktail. They do gorgeous custom work, too.

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Up until recently I had been usung a back quiver and a solo stalker which is dead quiet.
Then I purchased a Anneewakee Pro Angle and really like it. It a strap on and makes zero noise. Quality product. I'm sure a lot of the others are good also, just haven't tried them.
bolong

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »
I have the Annewakee Kanati bolt on, on my Toelke 3pc recurve. The Best 4 arrow quiver you can buy.. Nice tight fit, perfect spacing so feathers are "just right", no vibration, beautiful leather, nice and light, well thought out and designed, compact.. And I don't (didn't) like bow quivers. On top of all that John is a really nice guy to talk to and deal with. He has my business on quivers from now on.. None better..
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
abstinance is the best noise controll and conststantcy cant be beat  :knothead:
form is everything! shoot well shoot hard.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 05:07:00 PM »
have you looked at the great northern strap on recurve quiver??  these are really solid and quiet. i honestly believe the straps help quiet the bow to a certian degree.. I dont get inserts in any of my bows any longer if I am gonna use a bow quiver it will be one of these
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
i love the adjustable great northern that straps on so you can place it on any bow

Offline STEVE R.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 06:58:00 AM »
Kajun I use the GN strap on adjustable, on my BW long bow. It is dead quiet. I like it above all the rest that I have used.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©